Assistant Management Accountant - Witney | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Assistant Management Accountant
Witney, Oxfordshire, England
30000.0000 - 35000.0000
Contract (Full time)
The Assistant Management Accountant will support the Group Financial Reporting Manager in all aspects of the company's financial reporting activities, with a specific focus on the business' US entity.
Based in Witney, our client is a global organisation operating within the Travel and Tourism industry. They are looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join their large finance team for a 12 month MAT cover. The business have an excellent reputation amongst their employees as well as a generous benefits package which includes 25 days annual leave (+BHs), private health cover and an on site gym.
The Assistant Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements for the US operating company with support from the Group Accountant
- Accountable for balance sheet reconciliations (weekly, monthly, quarterly) and identifying opportunities and risks
- Reviewing other balance sheet reconciliations prepared by other member of Finance such as bank, payroll.
- Monthly reporting on fixed assets and capitalised project costs - liaising with FP&A.
- Work closely with the US commercial finance team to provide them with robust financial data to support their business partnering and decision making
- Supporting payroll with the PSA calculation in the UK and US
- Work on ad hoc projects to deliver system and process efficiencies and enhancements
- Providing support to the US Finance function
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
The successful candidate:
- Must be studying an accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA etc.) or qualified with relevant experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Ideally immediately available but candidates on 1 months notice will be considered
- Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail.
- Pro-active and able to use own initiative.
- Ability to communicate across all areas of the business
- Build and develop relationships with key business stakeholders
- Flexible team player.
- Able to work to tight deadlines & within a busy environment.
- Excellent benefits package
- Flexible working arrangement with 2/3 days working from home