Health and Safety Manager - Banbury | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Health and Safety Manager
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
35000.0000 - 45000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is a long-established, ideas driven and forward-thinking manufacturing business with an entrepreneurial approach and global reach. They boast a diverse, high-quality product range within their market and continue to experience high customer demand and successful sales results across the business. They are now looking to recruit an experienced Health and Safety Manager to work as an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team. The purpose of this role is to lead on all Health & Safety duties; driving awareness across the business, providing professional advice and ensuring that risks are effectively identified, managed and monitored. This role will report into the Operations Director, but will work largely in a standalone style from a day-to-day perspective, so the successful candidate will need to enjoy taking ownership of their daily workload and be able to work confidently in an autonomous style. In return for your hard work, you will join a business that has an envious company culture and benefits package, working in a job role which offers genuine long-term security and job satisfaction.
- Primary point of contact for employees to raise any concerns with HSE on site.
- Coaching managers and employees to engage in sound HSE working practices.
- Identifying areas of improvement within the company relating to Health & Safety and Environmental topics.
- Acts as management representative for all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Supports and liaises with site management team in delivering safety programmes and day to day issues.
- Supports all areas in developing and maintaining safety documentation required to fulfil tasks in a safe and consistent manner.
- Maintains performance indicators, registers, reference libraries and records relevant to the IMS requirements, including work instructions, process procedures, process control documentation, risk assessments.
- Embed a safety culture focussing on near miss, corrective action, accident analysis and conducting safety tours to ensure safety is at the heart of the activity.
- Ensuring that presence is felt on site, so colleagues feel safe and also adhere to the rules.
- Communicating the HSE Systems, policies and processes effectively throughout the company, including presenting regular and planned toolbox talks on site.
- Conduct gap analysis for all safety procedures ensuring the Plant is compliant. fire evacuation process, ensuring the procedures are tested routinely.
- Manage all internal safety audits including scheduling/delegation and monitoring. - Reports to management departmental safety measures at meeting.
- Attend meeting as a key representative for safety at Safety Committee meetings.
- Ensuring that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensuring the risk assessments are carried out, fire evacuation process, ensuring the procedures are tested routinely.
Skills and Experience:
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health & Safety is essential.
- Relevant previous hands-on experience in a HSE Management role within a manufacturing business is essential.
- Knowledge of high-volume manufacturing processes and/or exposure to warehousing and logistics.
- You will have a proven track record of strong analytical critical thinking and problem solving.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety.
- Highly competent in the use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and outlook.
- Ability to lead and make decisions with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence at all levels.
- Ability to analyse and report data effectively.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your current or most recent salary and your availability/notice period. You can also call Joanna Middleton on for a discreet and confidential discussion about the role.