Paralegal - Tower of London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Tower of London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Learn more about the general tasks related to this opportunity below, as well as required skills.
The Paralegal supports the Senior Legal counsel (and wider Commercial Platform team) in offering insights and advice to internal stakeholders in the area of general commercial and consumer law.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and providing feedback on legal documentation such as NDAs and Statements of Work
- Drafting variations to existing agreements
- Owning the agreement execution process
- Organising and maintaining the electronic database of executed agreements
- Maintaining and updating the database of template documents
- Provide assistance and support to other legal specialists involving a variety of legal work, including the gathering of factual information and researching the law
- Assist in the administration of contracts, policies and other documentation and manage the use of templates and the contract management system
- Prepare and complete opinions and legal documents
- Provide basic legal advice and best practice guides for other departments
- Work under close supervision and direction of more experienced legal specialists
Required skills and experience
- Higher professional education in the legal field, at a minimum of:
- (i) English law degree plus Legal Practice Course; OR
- (ii) Non-law degree plus UK Graduate Diploma in Law plus Legal Practice Course.
- 6 months -2 years of relevant experience in an international legal/business environment (ideally as a paralegal or legal administrator).
- Preferably experience with review and management of commercial contracts
- Has practical knowledge of legal documentation and elementary knowledge on rules, regulations and (specific) lawsIs able to explain non-complex legal requirements
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office and preferably contract management database)
- Preferably experience of working in a fast-paced team environment and balancing competing priorities for different stakeholders
- Flexibility and adaptability in your attitude and approach to work