Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England
£57 - £65 per day
Do you want to support pupils with Social, Emotional or Mental Health difficulties?
Can you support pupils in both academic and vocational subjects which meet their interests?
We are needing Teaching Assistants to support in a specialist setting in Chesterfield.
Teaching Personnel are the UK's leading supply teaching agency and are looking for hard working and determined Teaching Assistant to support children who need additional support.
You will be working in small groups and 1:1 with students who have become disengaged with education. Your role will be to mentor students in lessons to boost their confidence academically and to help reengage them with education.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience working with young people; this doesn't need to be in a classroom setting, this line of work is ideal for people with experience in youth work/ social work/sports coaching/ Army / Police
- Be confident in behaviour management and providing pastoral care.
- Provide a corresponding service to teachers and other staff, helping young people overcome barriers to reach their full potential.
- Be able to monitor attendance and punctuality of students and intervene where necessary.
- Support in activities which support pupils' individual well-being and behaviour needs in order to ensure that they are ready for learning.
- Use positive praise and rewards in order to encourage development.
- Work with pupils in both academic and vocational subjects which meet their interests.
Additional training such as Team Teach (De-escalation and positive handling training) would also be an advantage, which is something that Teaching Personnel run termly courses on.
We also offer competitive daily rates and the chance to increase your own personal development through our online CPD Academy.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, then please give Carla at Teaching Personnel a call on######### or click APPLY now!
Posted 7 days ago