Supply Chain Planner - Tamworth | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Supply Chain Planner - Global Leader
Tamworth, Staffordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Ready to join the best? We have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Planner to join the Supply Chain team based in Tamworth
Supply Chain Planner - Global Leader in Chemicals & Specialty Products Supply and Distribution
Plus Company Benefits Package
Who we are:
With over 115,000 customers across 100 countries, we are a leading $9 billion global distributor of speciality consumables, food ingredients and chemicals serving the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and manufacturing industries.
The Supply Chain Planner Opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Planner to join the Supply Chain team in Tamworth. The role is primarily responsible for raising Purchase Orders and managing stock levels in & out of the business to support demand and to ensure appropriate stock levels at all times. Liaising with the site operations to ensure appropriate capacity is available for arranged deliveries. You will raise, expedite and deal with any issues that occur for all materials aligned to your portfolio including managing bad inventory out of the business. You will strive for excellence in customer service whilst controlling and monitoring stock, enabling a seamless flow of goods in and out of the warehouse.
- Manage a portfolio of products ensuring that orders are placed in a timely manner to ensure that they are delivered OTIF whilst working closely with the commercial team for any pricing, quantity or lead-time restrictions.
- Understand system parameters and adjust accordingly when demand has changed.
- Work closely with the customer service team across the UK (your customer) to ensure they have enough information to offer a high service level to the end customer.
- Using your own initiative to look for new ways to improve processes whilst keeping stock levels appropriate, achieving KPI such as percentage of stock availability.
What we are looking for:
Experience in a similar role would be advantageous but full training will be given to a confident individual with an awareness of the needs of the business and an understanding of the importance of balance. The successful candidate must be flexible with changing circumstances, adaptable and possess strong problem solving skills. With excellent attention to detail, you will be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment and prioritise tasks according to business needs. You should be able to demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to deal with people of all levels of the business.
What We Offer in Return:
- Supply Chain Professional Accreditation Support
- 33 days holiday
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Death in service benefits
- Discounted private healthcare
- Discounts with 1,000+ retailers
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee share plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learning & development programmes
- Career progression opportunities
- Free onsite parking
It's an exciting time to join the team. We are a great team of people, a great place to work and offer all the benefits you’d expect from the world leader at what we do. Come and join us in a business with a global focus where your quality can make a real difference!
Interested? Apply here for a fast-track path to the Hiring Manager
Your Background / Previous Roles May Include:
Inventory Coordinator, Junior Stock and Inventory Planner, Inventory & Stock Planner, Stock Control, Supply Chain Planner Assistant, Supply Chain Planning Assistant, Supply Chain Administrator, Supply Chain Coordinator, Supply Chain Graduate, Purchasing & Supply, Sales, Account Management.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first quoting the job title & ref. Good luck, Team RR.