BI Developer Slough £60k
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bens
We are working with an expanding tech firm based near Heathrow, Junction 14 close to where the M25 and M4 meet (Datchet/Slough/Staines). This company is going through an impressive growth period due to increasing demand for their services for within both the UK and International businesses so they are looking to expand their IT function quickly with highly experienced Software professionals. This role is for an experienced BI Developer (with some DBA skills) who will be leading the development of Business Intelligence platforms.
You will play a pivotal role in the design, development and deployment of the BI platform spanning ETL, Report design as well as Dashboard and other UI based functions using a variety of tools and technologies. This role will be required to provide the ongoing development to the BI platform to satisfy the needs of the business units and will be a projectfocused role. You will be supported other IT functions (Business Analysis, Architecture etc.) to ensure delivery is aligned to the requirements and support the companys aggressive growth objectives. There is excellent scope for progression and the chance to work for a company that values their employees.
- Discuss with Business Analysts to understand the BI system requirements
- Translate business requirements in to specifications that will be used to drive the data store/data warehouse/ data mart design and configuration
- Design and develop multi dimensional cubes, reports, dashboards
- Debugging monitoring and trouble shooting BI solutions
- Writing relational and multi dimensional database queries
- Use ETL tools to load data in to the data store(s)
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Transition developed BI systems to the Operations & Support team
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of enterprise data and BI environments for both external and internal users
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
Skills / Attributes Required
- Excellent understanding of the development life cycle for business applications across a number of technologies in the UK and International market place.
- 5+ years experience implementing enterprisescale reporting systems
- Extensive experience with data warehouse implementations
- Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts
- TSQL (MS SQL Server 2014, 2012)
- SQL Server engine, performance tuning, storage internals, indexing and statistics
- Problem solving, solution architecture and build
- Database & data warehouse design (preferably Kimball), architecture and optimization
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2012, 2014
- ETL Framework, OLTP, OLAP, Cubes, MDX and DAX
- TSQL, PL/SQL, MySQL Query Optimisation, Stored Procedures, Triggers
- BIDS, Management Studio and Visual Studio with version control
- JIRA Release management
Send your CV ASAP!
Posted 12 days ago