Assistant Head Teacher - South Darenth | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Assistant Head Teacher - Full-time
South Darenth, Kent, England
Permanent (Full time)
Start Date: September 2021
Is this your next job? Read the full description below to find out, and don’t hesitate to make an application.
Pay: L1-L2 (depending on experience)
We are looking to appoint an Assistant Head Teacher to join our forward thinking Senior Leadership Team from September 2021. This is an exciting and rare opportunity for an existing Assistant Head Teacher or Senior Leader looking for a new challenge or an outstanding Middle Leader aspiring to Senior Leadership with a proven track record of classroom excellence, leadership and career development. Experience of Phase/Key Stage Leadership, core subject leadership or leading on areas of whole school priorities is highly desirable.
The role will include a part time classroom based commitment (minimum FTE per week).
The role will include a Key Stage leadership role and leadership of core subject area / core whole school priority area(s) primarily.
We are looking for someone who:
- has the skills to guide and advise others in their practice and development
- has proven impact in subject or phase leadership and improvement
- has high expectations of their own teaching and the children
- is a professional role model
- is confident in their understanding of how children learn and commit knowledge to memory
- is committed to high expectations of children's learning and behaviour
- is enthusiastic about the opportunities at our school
- is ambitious, passionate and wants to improve the life chances of all learners
- challenges themselves and wants to continue to learn and develop
- wants to work as part of a team and share new ideas
We can offer you:
- positive, happy pupils with an excellent attitude to learning
- a positive, welcoming and dedicated staff and leadership team
- opportunities for professional development and career progression within the school and wider Trust
- a thriving community and active PTA with events throughout the year
- a great place to work with a fantastic team who like to have fun!
To find out more about our school, take a look at our school website and Facebook page to have a look at the vast array of learning opportunities we provide.
Phone call / virtual appointments are welcome and highly encouraged. Visits to the school can be arranged (agreed in advance with safety protocols in place).
The interview process with be a multi part interview which may include lesson observations, interview and task(s).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 27/04/2021 at 12:00
Interviews: W/C 3/5/2021
Information about the school
We are a popular, rural village school with 7 classes and a nursery. CGPS formed part of the Pathway Academy Trust in October 2015. TPAT currently has five schools: Meopham Community Academy, Riverview Infants, Riverview Juniors, Wrotham Road and Culverstone Green. This provides opportunities for career progression allowing us to keep the very best staff within the Trust.
We have a brand new school building and school grounds that are beautifully rural and spacious. The children have a school council and their view point is very important to us. We have a supportive Local Governing Body and an active PTA. We are an innovative and creative school with a positive, friendly and motivated staff team. We are committed to CPD. We even have our own school dog! Come and see for yourself!
Please do have a look at our Facebook page and school website.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.