Senior Project Worker - Wolverhampton | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Project Worker
Permanent (Full time)
This Role is funded by European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.
An exciting position has become available within Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector for a full time Senior Project Worker to join a friendly team based in Wolverhampton. The successful candidate will earn £26,000 pa. If you have experience in a similar role and are eager to help a company grow and thrive then this is a perfect opportunity to grow within a fantastic company.
The purpose of the role will be leading an effective and high-quality service for our sub contract with Steps to Work. The contract, which currently runs until the end of June 2022, is part of an ESF Funded project called Bridges. The focus of the work is on supporting customers furthest from the workplace to move nearer to employment through volunteering.
As the Senior Project Worker within Bridges, you will lead an effective and high-quality service to support our customers to overcome barriers in order to achieve their personal goals, moving them nearer to employment through volunteering.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Carrying out intensive interventions with customers who meet the criteria for Bridges and wish to use volunteering as a route to move nearer to employment and/or into training
- Identifying appropriate volunteer placements for customers
- Developing and maintaining positive relationship with Bridge’s customers
- Ensuring that processes are in place in order to provide all required evidence of activity and expenditure to Steps to Work
- Complying with all monitoring requirements of the Bridges project
- Ensuring that all targets are met
- Publicising the Bridges project as part of our volunteering “offer”
- Supervision of one Project Worker
- Supervising volunteers as required
- Acting as a key contact point for Steps to Work on all operational issues
- Raising any issues of concern with the Volunteer Centre Manager.
- Supporting the on- going delivery of the Volunteer Service of which the project is part
- Duties may include any other Bridges project-specific duties commensurate with the post
- Excellent experience of working within a volunteer centre or similar
- Some knowledge of ESF or other precise evidence gathering/monitoring/recording processes.
- Experience/knowledge of managing a small budget
- Ability to work with people from all backgrounds
- An understanding of the benefits of volunteering
- An understanding of the barriers facing customers looking for employment
- Some experience of working to targets
- Ability to be able to work on own initiative and also as part of a team
- Experience of working in partnership with wide range of stakeholders
- Skilled and experienced in managing staff and/or volunteers
- Must be solution focused, with a positive attitude
WVSC is committed to safeguarding children, and adults with care and support needs and has in place fully implemented and regularly reviewed policies and procedures on Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Adults with Care and Support Needs. These incorporate safer recruitment processes endorsed by the Safer Recruitment Consortium and Wolverhampton Safeguarding Together partnership which are used in all recruitment and selection.
Successful applicants will be expected to undertake a DBS check at the appropriate level, or provide a DBS certificate at the appropriate level and for the same workforce if currently registered with the DBS Update Service.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce and are fully committed to Equality and Diversity
Closing date: Wednesday 28 April 2021 5pm
Interview date: Monday 10 May 2021
This post is fully funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.
If you feel you are the Ideal Candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Manager, Senior, Project Worker, Volunteers, Care Manager, Volunteer Manager, Co-ordinator, Link Worker, Voluntary, Community Sector, Community Activity, Monitoring, Support, Community Groups, Volunteers, Project Management