£55000 - £70000 per annum
Simpson Judge Systems are currently recruiting for a Development Manager for a dynamic market leading organisation based in Greater Manchester. The Development Manager will have the following skills and expertise;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience within the role of a Development Manager
• Previous experience of leading a team, in addition to creating and maintaining best practice with regards to;
o Coding standards
o Managing technical debt
o Resource planning
o Driving on processes
o Visibility on backlogs
• Work with product owners and team leads to maintain the development backlog for the in-house bespoke system and Oracle.
• Evolve current methodologies to give visibility of backlogs to all relevant stakeholders.
• Define KPI’s for application development activities.
• Work with development teams to effectively manage technical debt, suggesting appropriate improvements and initiatives where needed.
• Work with technical leads to define and implement coding standards.
• Work with technical leads to drive forward the continual delivery of developments and ensure maximum value to gained from development activities.
• Work with team leads and product owners to improve our agile capability.
• Act as an escalation point for BAU application support requests, emergency RFCs and out of hours emergencies / major incidents.
• Define KPI’s for application support tickets and drive through service improvements.
• Maintain the on-call support rota for In-house bespoke system and Oracle teams.
Sprint Planning, reporting, daily stand-ups
• Work with PMO team to carry out sprint planning, and ensure the correct resource is available for each workstream (BAU support / projects / tech debt / innovation).
• Support daily stand-ups for Oracle and in-house bespoke system teams, either with the PMO team via squads, or running the stand ups where needed.
• Evolve the current sprint reporting process to ensure visibly of development activities is available to all potential stakeholders and identify any opportunities to automate / streamline.
• Guide both performance and personal development via annual appraisals and pay reviews and carry out regular 1-2-1 sessions where needed.
• Help to create and manage personal and professional objectives for the development team.
• Create multi skilled developers by building personal development plans for all team members, incorporating training, and knowledge sharing. Act as the primary point of contact for leave approval requests, sickness notifications, overtime authorisations, and work from home requests.
• Work with the IT training manager to ensure graduate training is fit for purpose, and plan workloads to ensure it is relevant and beneficial. Support development team members on apprentice programmes / MBA courses wherever needed.
• Work with Oracle and in-house bespoke system team leaders to ensure BAU and emergency releases are planned and deployed in an effective manner.
• Support the annual Audit.
• Work with team leads to automate current SAR process.
Posted 29 days ago