Mechanical Engineer - Stirling | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
Location: Stirling, FK7 7QQ.
Salary: Competitive, DOE.
Contract: Full time, Monday – Friday (40 hours) role, 8am – 4pm standard hours. 31 days holiday, 5% ER pension available via salary sacrifice. EAP programme and discounts platform, permanent.
Superglass Insulation started life in 1987 at what is still its main manufacturing site in Stirling, Scotland.
In 2005, following a management buy-out, Superglass became the UK’s biggest independent manufacturer of glass mineral wool insulation products. Two years later the business joined the London Stock Exchange.
In 2017, Superglass became part of the TECHNONICOL group of companies, a global leader in the manufacture of building materials.
We are unique, we are the UK’s only independent manufacturer of glass mineral wool insulation and we are recruiting!
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join us at our Stirling site on a permanent basis.
About the role
Be a valued member of the maintenance team by giving the best mechanical engineering service for an effective running of the plant. All other objectives and priorities will be sacrificed in the interest of ensuring that safety is paramount and best practice followed. Have accountability for areas of ownership to improve housekeeping and efficiency of the plant. Contribute in a positive manner to all tasks set and assist in finding solutions to problems as they arise and be a valued service to all departments within the company. Take responsibility for giving advice on engineering issues as they become apparent.
• Be an effective member of the Mechanical Maintenance team.
• Positive, resourceful and helpful in assisting with all requests from both Engineering and
• production departments in finding solutions to problems.
• Able to work unsupervised and demonstrate understanding of procedures, equipment and its
Health and Safety
• Health and Safety is the number one priority. It must be clearly communicated to the team that all tasks carried out must be done so using best practice.
• A desire to get the job done will not take a higher priority than Health & Safety.
• Demonstrate a commitment to safety as our number one priority through a process of active safety management.
• Provide an effective service to ensure maximum reliability and efficiency of the plant.
• Proactive within engineering and/or other departments to improve plant safety, efficiency and reliability. Identify problem plant and suggest solutions either internally or externally. Help
• Stores to ensure the correct components are available
• To work within mechanical legislative requirements for the safe operation of the plant.
• Be able to advise and encourage the best practice along with safe working practices.
• Be aware of new briefings, SOPs, RAs etc by daily checks of briefing boards.
What we need from you
Knowledge and Skills
Sound engineering education with experience working in industry. Have the skills and be able to advise solutions to engineering problems and help find answers to safety matters. Be a valued asset and help production with a common goal of safe operation with maximum efficiency. Able to suggest improvements to plant performance, equipment and/or spares availability then implement when funding or clearance given.
• Time severed mechanical engineer (HNC HND)
• Experience with working in a manufacturing plant environment
• Experience working with and maintaining plant equipment
o Conveyor systems/rotating equipment
• Working with planned maintenance systems
• Computer literate (MS word, excel)
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today