Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist - Chelsea | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist
Chelsea, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist – Invasive Diagnostics and Therapies
Make sure to apply quickly in order to maximise your chances of being considered for an interview. Read the complete job description below.
Cromwell Hospital, London SW5 0TU
Permanent, Full time, hours per week
Core hours 8am – 6pm, possibility of later cases
Flexible shifts and working patterns on offer plus on-call commitment
Highly Competitive Salary + £2,100 for on call + Paid Overtime
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
Cromwell Hospital is an internationally recognised private hospital located in the heart of Kensington, providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike.
At Cromwell Hospital our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and every day.
As a Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist you will be involved in the innovations and the measures to expand the service even further. On a personal level, you will also be able to expand on your EP experience especially with complex cases and more.
What you'll do:
Working fulltime within the lab, you will be looking after arrhythmia patients and play a vital role towards your patients’ journey and making a difference in every way you can.
You will strengthen coordination, clinical competency and education within the Interventional and Cardiac Rhythm Management Procedures and Invasive Arrhythmia Therapies. A requirement of rotational duties within other areas of Cardiac Physiology will be necessary. You will be involved in the following procedures:
Invasive / Interventional Procedures
Coronary Angiography, Coronary thrombectomy, CTO and OCT, Internal Cardioversion, Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps, Intra-Vascular Ultrasound, Left Atrial Appendage, ASD and PFO closures, Percutaneous Angioplasty and Stenting Pressure Wires Studies, Right Heart Studies, Rotablation, TAVI, Temporary Pacing, Valvuloplasty and Device Implantation
Invasive Arrhythmia Therapies
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators and CRT Devices, System extraction, Internal and external cardioversion, Electrophysiology studies and standard ablation, Complex ablation and device implantation
What you’ll bring:
- BSc (Hons) in Clinical Physiology or BSc in Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology) or PTP equivalence.
- At least one certification for Electrophysiology and CRM
- Extensive and current expertise in Interventional Procedures and Invasive Arrhythmia Therapies.
- Knowledge and experience of advanced and highly specialised procedures acquired through accredited courses. Someone without accreditation may be considered depending on experience
- Able to perform a range of specialist diagnostic investigations on patients in a variety of clinical settings.
- Ability to think quickly, assess complex clinical situations and make decisions upon that information.
- Understanding of legal responsibilities within the role.
We’re here for you:
We have belief in you to do what’s right for our patients and in return we’ll support you to develop your career so you can not only grow at but thrive.
You will be supported with your personal development and will have access to different leadership courses. You will work around colleagues whom you can work collaboratively and share expertise with. You will also be looked after a supportive line management, who can assist you in obtaining HCPC if this is something you wish to obtain in the future.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist you’ll be eligible for:
- Staff bonus scheme – annual performance-based
- Generous refer a friend scheme
- Free Bupa Health Assessment
- Bupa Health Trust
- Bupa Staff Dental Plan and Dental discounts
- Cromwell Hospital Staff Discount on medical treatments
- Career Breaks – after 10 years’ service
- Life Assurance
- Access to Healthline 24/7
- Family friendly policies
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Online discounts
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them. Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you've been. This is where you're going. This is what we have belief in.
To find more information or for an informal chat with the hiring manager before applying, please contact Joan-Eric on######### / Joan-@