International Food Law Advisor (German speaking) - Godstone | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
International Food Law Advisor (German speaking)
Godstone, Surrey, England
£25000 - £32000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
This position can be done working from home or in the office, assuming you are a fluent German and English speaker and have the relevant experience.
This organisation provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. The practical application of technical excellence lies at the heart of all that we do and is supported by our industry-leading facilities, expertise and knowledge.
From analysis and testing and operational support to knowledge management, all activities are built on an extensive programme of research and innovation steered by industry to ensure maximum commercial relevance.
They provide services to companies all along the supply chain, but offer discounts, access to expert advice and other benefits for those that come into membership. Many of our clients are major blue-chip companies and household names.
The organisation has three sites in the UK and a fourth in Hungary. This position would be based in Surrey but could require from time to time travel to other Group sites. The Regulatory Affairs team is widely recognised for its expertise in the interpretation and commercial application of International and UK food law. Its reputation has grown steadily over the past decade, notably as a result of successful innovative high-profile work for the public, private and third sectors. The challenge for the team is to continue to grow, innovate and improve our regulatory services, driven by our strong team of expert staff and continuing investment from the business.
Overall purpose of position: To provide members and clients with authoritative services in the areas of regulatory affairs.
Duties and responsibilities:
* To maintain and extend a high level of awareness of current food legislation, related issues and likely developments, in food legislation in the German speaking markets. Support outside these geographic regions is also likely.
* To answer questions from members, other clients and colleagues on the content, application and interpretation of the above.
* To develop and contribute to Regulatory publications and training events.
* To initiate new business and deliver contract services on time and within budget.
* To contribute to the development and delivery of research projects.
* To recommend and implement change in services, products and systems.
* To develop self to enhance performance and professionalism.
* To undertake such other duties as may, from time to time, reasonably be required by the Regulatory Affairs Manager.
* To create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships.
Qualifications and competencies
* Graduate level qualification(s) in science, law or related subjects.
* Minimum 1-3 years’ experience / knowledge of food law acquired in a commercial, enforcement or policy setting.
* Well-developed communication skills – upwards, downwards and outwards.
* Experience of customer service and interaction with clients would be advantageous
Language skills – Fluency in German and English and the ability to read and interpret food law in German speaking countries. Additional languages would be an advantage.
* Communication; Clearly explains complex legal provisions, concepts and developments.
* Provides extensive, individually tailored written and verbal information and advice.
* Periodically collates and prepares written summaries of legislation.
* Regularly lectures to and trains specialist staff in food law.
* Accountable for autonomous decisions made on the authoritative interpretation and provision of advice on food law.
* Analytical Skills & Creativity; Routinely and authoritatively interprets a large volume of continually changing, complex legal and business material and its practical application in a variety of commercial settings.
Pay and benefits
Guide £25,000pa to £32,000pa depending upon experience
24 days plus public holidays and a buying/selling holiday scheme.
Training - all staff receives appropriate training to support their job function and business needs.
Permanent health scheme’ if you are unable to continue work for health reasons and a ‘death in service’ scheme.
Other benefits include parking on site.
If opting for the home working options, there will still need to be some office attendance for training, meetings etc
Indicative Salary Range: £(Apply online only)
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position