Interim Transport Planner - Ab Kettleby | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Interim Transport Planner
Ab Kettleby, Leicestershire, England
Permanent (Full time)
My client, a leading supplier of construction materials and building supplies, are on the look out for an interim Transport Planner with an opportunity for it to lead to a permanent opportunity within the business.
The office location is based in Leicestershire however this role will be home based initially. The client is looking to move very quickly with this role and is keen to speak with experienced candidates with a background and knowledge surrounding distribution and transport coordination.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of the planning team to help deliver optimum customer service whilst maintaining high levels of haulier utilisation
- Monitoring transport plans and assisting in the resolution of haulier queries and issues
- Monitoring and minimising costs and increasing loaded miles, focusing on high utilisation and maximise number of loads per day & night
- Maintain the quality of weighbridge outputs within the Cluster
- Lead and drive consistent quality of transport planning through your supply chain
- Coach and support the weighbridges within your cluster
- Report and control utilisation and attendance of fleet
- Ensure through forecasting that the fleet profile is matched
- Report utilisation and attendance of your fleet and work with Pod Supervisor to achieve optimum performance of fleet
- Work with the Area Transport manager to ensure the fleet profile is reviewed
- Investigate and resolve, haulage queries relating to mileage and ancillary payments
- Assist in the investigation of safety issue highlighted by hauliers
Key qualifications, experience and skills required for the role:
- CPC in road transport is desirable
- Communication skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Planning and organisation within a transport environment
- Ability to work within a team of stakeholders in a high pressured environment
- Experience in distribution processes and use of transport planning tools
- Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day
- 1 Saturday in 4 for 4 hours a day
- 1 hour for lunch
- Equipment provided
- Competitive rate
Please get in touch with me directly to discuss this further by calling me on (phone number removed) or emailing me: (url removed).
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age