Support Worker - Yeovil | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Yeovil, Somerset, England
18000.0000 - 19656.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Contract: Full Time
Temp to Perm: Temp - upto £ per hour and Perm £19,656 per annum
SHIFT ROTA Basis: (2 weekly shift rota - Flexibility is offered)
Are you interested in working in an 'Outstanding' Ofsted rating Education setting for students aged 16 to 25 with an Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP) reflecting their learning disability and assessed support need.
REED Care are currently recruiting Support Workers for a specialist residential setting, based in Yeovil. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience working in a schools setting, providing valuable support to young people.
-Access to free training and Qualifications including RQF Level 3 Children and Young Persons Qualification (after 6 months probationery period)
-Ongoing support and development with promotional opportunities to become Deputy Home Manager and Home Care Manager
Ofsted rating 'excellent'
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To build professional relationships with the young people and other staff at your establishment and throughout the company and disengage from these appropriately.
- To do everything possible to maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in, this will involve domestic duties.
- To learn about our individual’s specific needs and help meet those needs in the most appropriate way following all policies and procedures.
- To assist young people with their medical and welfare needs and to report as required, which may include the administration of emergency 'when required’ medication.
- To support our young people maintain their personal cleanliness, general hygiene and appearance, this may include intimate care, following individual care plan.
- To keep up to date with all communication/information systems.
- Attend and take an active part in meetings as appropriate.
- To assist or be a Keyworker/Personal Tutor for 1 or more young people as required/needed.
- To support young people towards managing their own behavior by using the skills and approved approaches.
- To promote equality, acknowledging individual differences and uphold the rights and responsibilities of our young people and staff.
- Do everything possible to safeguard our young people from any form of abuse from staff, visitors or each other.
Please apply to this vacancy if you are interested in finding out more information