Buyer - Sandy | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Sandy, Central Bedfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
A market leader in the development of specialist semiconductor instrumentation now requires a Buyer to join their Bedfordshire based facility.
Working with the Purchasing Manager, you will purchase all company materials ensuring optimum delivery performance, quality standards and reduced part costs wherever possible.
Your main duties and responsibilities include:
* Negotiating best value and discounts to benchmark supply contracts
* Sourcing local and overseas suppliers to ensure effective risk management of the supply chain
* Implementing supplier agreements and delivery contracts
* Producing purchase orders to support all purchases
* Specifying payment schedules
* Liaison with all suppliers to progress delivery time scales
* Raising RFQ’s for all new items and spare part requirements
* Logging and returning supplier rejects
* Administration and correspondence – filing and general office duties
* Assisting Customer Services with basic requirements when needed (holiday cover)
* Assist with covering the Stores/Goods In Departments as and when required (lunch time & holiday cover)
Health and Safety
* Risk assessments – actively involved with the Purchasing Supervisor in carrying out company area/department risk assessments
In return my client can offer excellent career opportunities along within a growing high tech manufacturing company.
As the successful Buyer, you will have previous experience as a Buyer / Purchaser within a Manufacturing or High Precision Engineering Environment.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Copies of Passport and Visa will be requested.
Skills: Buyer, Purchasing, Manufacturing, MRP, Engineering.
To Apply: Please send CV to Iona Mulligan