Senior Healthcare Assistant - Ward
Cheadle, Greater Manchester, England
competitive salary plus benefits
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare , Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
BMI Healthcare's Alexandra Hospital is a fantastic place to work. Situated close to the M60 in Cheadle, Cheshire, The Alex is BMI Healthcare's flagship private hospital serving the communities of Manchester and Cheshire for nearly 40 years. Operating 7 days a week, The Alex has over 600 visiting consultants and offers a wide range of services including orthopaedic surgery, spinal surgery, neurosurgery, cardiology and cancer care - as well as an Urgent Care Centre and a private GP service. We are proud to be rated "Good" by the CQC affirming our commitment to put patient care at the heart of absolutely everything we do.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Ward department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Care Certificate
- NVQ Level 3 in healthcare, or apprentice in senior healthcare.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Previous experience in a Healthcare Assistant role.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
Duties of this role include:
- To work as an integral part of the nursing and Multi-disciplinary team, under the director of a Registered Practitioner. Providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues. Working within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- Deliver a high standard of care in accordance with BMI policies and procedures.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the HCA standard framework, understanding the standards in accordance with the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Demonstrate competence in the role of Healthcare Assistant within the scope of your working areas.
- Work alongside multi-disciplinary team to provide safe and high quality care provision for patients.
- Guide, buddy or mentor junior members of the team.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
For more information on this role or for an informal chat please contact Kara Roberts on#########
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Posted 5 days ago