Full - Bournemouth | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Full-Stack Developer (MERN)
55000.0000 - 65000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
This is an exciting new role being created. Illuminet is expanding its technical capabilities and the build-out of its offerings digitally. We are transforming the consulting space with new self-service offerings, toolsets, and software. We are seeking an experienced and effective full- developer to lead the development team and to architect the new digital products.
In your new job, you will report directly to our CTO and work closely with senior management to design and build Illuminet’s technical roadmap.
A day in the new role at Illuminet
You will be Building interactive data from dedicated databases and RESTfully abstract it to the UI through a backend. Building the front-end of applications through appealing visual design and effective UIX. Define code architecture decisions to support a high-performance and scalable product with a minimal footprint. Collaborate well with product owners, junior developers, to design and create advanced, elegant, and efficient systems
You will have an opportunity inside Illuminet to build a development capability around you with a junior team. You will be excited by the thought of mentoring, coaching junior/trainee developers as part of your job while getting to work on some very exciting projects and have real input in how they are shaped. A real lover of coding and a good sense of humour with a strong design ethic
- Building interactive data from dedicated databases and RESTfully abstract to the UI through a backend
- Define code architecture decisions to support a high-performance and scalable product with a minimal footprint
- Address and improve any technical issues
- Collaborate well with product owners, junior developers, to design and create advanced, elegant, and efficient systems
- Work with offshore development teams and product owners to ideate software solutions
- Coach and carry out reviews with junior developers
- Oversee unit testing and testing strategies
- Work with DevOps to ensure correct operational capabilities in production.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs for back end and integration.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- Previous working experience as a MERN Stack Developer for 3+ projects
- BSc degree in Computer Science or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of NodeJS, ExpressJS, MongoDB, and React
- Strong understanding and track record in structuring single-page applications and componentising
- Good data design, transformation skills
- Experience implementing applications using React or VUE
- Experience creating front end applications using HTML5, React, LESS/SASS
- Experience with modern frameworks and design patterns, minimum one-year experience with MERN Fullstack paradigm
- Knowledge of the following will be considered as an advantage:
o Consumer Web Development Experience for High-Traffic, Public Facing web applications
o Experience with cloud technologies also a plus
o Continuous integration and version control (Git).
o AWS deployment and code deployment
o D3 JS
o React Native
o Use of PostgresSQL, solid SQL skills.
Proud to say we are a global consultancy business with a difference. Instead of constant cycles of reinvestment, open-ended engagements, and escalating costs, we believe in doing the right thing for clients, being transparent, and owning their business challenges. That’s why we’re explicit in outlining the problems we solve and how we’ll solve it. We’ll tell you how long it will take, and the fee we’ll charge. Then we’ll deliver positive change... or your money back.
If this role sounds like something you want to have a chat about please get in touch ASAP