Senior Operations Manager - Swindon | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Operations Manager
£60000 - £65000/annum Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
My client, a market leader in third party logistics, are seeking an experienced Senior Operations Manager to add to their award winning site. Reporting into the General Manager and overseeing 3 x warehouses the Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for developing the Continuous Improvement agenda, Employee engagement and leading a customer centric operation.
The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Providing cover for General Manager in their absence.
- Oversee the warehouse, health & safety and home delivery functions, ensuring they work collaboratively together,
- Ensure the operation exceeds customers targets on service, budget, operational standards and KPIs.
- Providing strong leadership, motivation and career development to the teams.
- Promoting excellence as a level of standard across the business.
- Take a lead on HR initiatives and able to support and develop a strong people plan across the site which delivers across hiring best in class talent, learning & development and succession plans.
- Lead and develop effective relationships with key stakeholders including customers and delivering against their growth plans.
Key skills required for the role:
- Must have demonstrable experience leading a fast paced warehouse operation, with evidence of standing in for the General Manager when necessary.
- Experience leading within either a fast paced retail or multi-site operation.
- Experience of working closely with key customers and developing effective working relationships.
- You will be able to recognise opportunities and synergies to enhance the relationship with the customer and be able to maintain and develop business growth opportunities
- Must have excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills in order to maximise the effectiveness of the management team.
- Experience of leading change, driving employee engagement and effectively managing conflict.
- You must have the interpersonal skills to be able to establish effective communication channels with employees ensuring that they are well informed about the site and the wider business.
- Energy, determination and commitment to operation in a customer centric environment.
- Previous continuous improvement experience and evidence of leading initiatives across a fast paced warehouse operations without effecting output.
You must be able to work shifts as necessary to ensure the effective running of the contract .
This is a fantastic opportunity for any Operations Manager or Senior Operations Manager looking for their next step with a market leader where they can continue to progress and develop within a flagship operation.
Please get in touch with Jessica directly to discuss the role further: (url removed).
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age