Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager - West Didsbury | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager (Infrastructure) - North Region
West Didsbury, Greater Manchester, England
Permanent (Full time)
About The Role About this opportunity We are looking to recruit experienced Commercial Managers at all levels to join our team in the North Region.
If you’d like to know a bit more about this opportunity, or are considering applying, then please read the following job information.
We are seeking candidates with drive and energy with experience in the Rail & Infrastructure sectors.
Gleeds Rail is the division of Gleeds dedicated to the provision of a comprehensive consultancy service to the Rail sectors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Job breakdown Reporting directly to a commercial lead you will carry out and support the following duties:
- Contract/Commercial Management
- Cost Management
- Prepare, validate and agreement of interim and final accounts
- Prepare monthly reports
- Complete savings report for internal records
- Risk Management
- Contract Change Control
- Attending / leading Commercial / Contract meetings
- Comply with Quality Management Systems, processes and procedures As a Gleeds team member, you will have access to:
- 24 days holiday plus option to purchase additional days through the holiday purchase scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Our global travel scholarship programme
- Flexible working arrangements About The Candidate Who we’re looking for: The position requires the candidates to work in both Gleeds and client offices and may also require being site based.
You will be able to work in a Client facing role and develop relationships within the industry and have a forward-thinking approach with the ability to develop client relationships.
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills Candidates will have a broad spectrum of technical knowledge relating to Cost and Commercial Management.
Experience of NEC will be extremely beneficial.
In addition to having the following skills, candidates personal and communication skills, ambition, drive and energy will be considered important to be successful:
- The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Good organisational skills
- Good understanding of collaboration and associated behaviours
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Methodical way of thinking
- Good financial and numeracy management skills
- Knowledge of standard forms contracts (particularly NEC3)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Computer literate Qualifications You will be degree educated in a RICS accredited Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying course or equivalent and ideally be MRICS qualified or working towards Chartership.
About The Company Joining us Be part of the extraordinary Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel.
Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients.
With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people.
We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business.
We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together.
Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, or gender.
We will consider flexible working and part time applicants.
We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.
Gleeds is a gold standard investor in people employer.