Site lead/facilities manager
Burgess Hill, West Sussex
£29000 - £31500 per annum
Our client are a multinational electric utility company, which operates in the fields of electricity generation and distribution, natural gas, nuclear and renewable energy.
They are currently recruiting for a Site lead/facilities manager for their site in Burgess Hill, starting ASAP for 9 month.
Duties and Responsibilities
* To manage the service delivery of the contract at CAE Burgess Hill to meet the preset operational and financial criteria and the requirements of the contract scope and specification.
* Direct and coordinate the activities of the Mobile Engineers and Specialist Service Providers (SSP) to ensure the delivery of a highquality service including preventative maintenance (PPM) reactive repairs and small works.
* Promote excellent working practices throughout the Operations Teams and enhance the reputation by achieving Customer satisfaction.
* Work with Account Manager to continually review and control WIP and Debt.
* To ensure compliance with SHEQ, iCMS Policies and Procedures.
* To manage work and contractors in line with Customer QSHE Work Management Procedures.
* Ensure its employees respect and deliver on the objectives of our Company Mission Statement.
* Overall management of site team, inclusive of cleaning staff
* Ensure plant inspections are carried out by the Site Handyman, Mobile Team & SubContractors
* Ensure contractors are monitored and inducted for work activities
* Carry out the appropriate Risk Assessments and monitoring of Health & Safety actions for required site work activities
* To liaise with internal customers on daily issues.
Client / Customer
* Deliver to customer expectations
* Comply with and maintain SLAs
* Periodically review all site planners
* Ensure engineers files and paperwork are available for engineering staff
* Ensure all PPM visits have been met and are in line with existing site planners
* Make and document any PPM changes / variations
* Add / delete assets to contract in a timely manner
* Carryout and report on all actions raised during each site audit
* Ensure all site log books fall in line with the current ICMS procedures
* Monitor company intranet / communications for updates and relay to staff
* Provide written information on calibrations and inspections of plant items
* Complete accident returns in a timely manner
* Ensure site is statutory compliant, reporting any areas of noncompliance to the Account Manager
SHEQ (Safety Health, Environment and Quality)
* Comply with reasonable requests for information from SHEQ manager
* Ensure site file RAs are up to date and site specific
* Ensure tool box talks are carried out to the ICMS procedures
* Ensure all staff / subcontractors are following risk assessments for all works
* Complete random checks and SPVs to monitor inhouse and subcontracted works
* Complete sickness returns and return to work interviews, if and when required
* Complete primary investigations for any alleged misconduct incidents involving engineering staff and report to Account Manager
* Undertake regular documented reviews with direct reports
Leadership and Management
* Promote excellent working practices throughout the team and subcontractors to ensure the reputation and credibility.
* Work with Technical Managers to provide added value service.
* Ensure that all work records are accurate and meet requirements of contract and policies/procedures.
* Generate chargeable extra work; prepare quotation and proposals for small works, generally under 20K
* Ensure all current legislation is complied with and statutory inspections and tests are completed.
* Promote teamwork and encourage feedback to improve services and procedures
Customer Care, Quality and Compliance
* Ensure staff and subcontractors deliver customer care and satisfaction, developing service improvements, where required.
* Build long term relationships with customer Site Manager to ensure the business is driven forward to success.
Profit and Loss Accountability
* Support the strategic budget planning process in liaison with Account Manager and
* Meet the contract financial performance as budget, Sales, Cost, Profit and Loss, WIP and Debt.
Managers in these roles deliver results through a team of individual contributors. They establish operational plans and priorities and delegate work to achieve objectives. They are accountable for their teams engagement, development and performance.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
* Customer Service experience
* Experience in Hard & Soft Services
* IOSH, NEBOSH, Safety for Managers etc.
* Experience in environmental Management
* An understanding of budgetary control
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Planon, SAP or similar
* Technical qualification (desirable) or alternatively a good understanding
* Qualification in Facilities Management
* Qualification in a technical discipline i.e. City & Guilds
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Posted 10 days ago