Director of Software Development - Swindon - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Director of Software Development
Swindon - This Area Only
£70000 - £80000/annum - Base + Bonus + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
My client, a successful software company of around 40 people, is looking to embark on the next stage in its journey.
We are seeking a Director of Software Development, an energetic, innovative and visionary leader with strong technical skills to contribute to the growth of our business through leadership and coaching of a successful development team.
We are in the process of refreshing our product suite to take advantage of the latest technologies, and this means that there is plenty of opportunity for you to demonstrate creativity in greenfield development.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
What will you be doing?
* You will contribute to and lead the R&D vision of the company that builds a roadmap to deliver sustainable software for the future
* You will bring innovation and creativity to the team, challenging existing processes, architecture and technology
* You will manage all the company’s software development activity
* You will lead and develop the product owner and test teams to deliver user centric and robust products and features
* You will work as a strategic member of the senior management team
* You will develop an annual departmental plan and operating budget, monitoring the implementation of these to ensure that the financial targets are met
* You will drive results and have ultimate responsibility for delivery against corporate goals
* You will line manage a team of team leads, conducting performance management, escalation management and administration
* You will be responsible for driving development with a variety of technologies in an agile environment
* You will direct the team to ensure that development is in line with market requirements, bringing a very strong commercial focus to the role, including resource management and monitoring of competitive activities
* You will ensure frequent reviews of our standards, policies and practices
* You will ensure that the Company’s reputation and relationship with customers, service providers and partners is healthy, improving and a prime focus internally
* You will assist where necessary to support pre-sales activity in major account acquisition and account management.
* A strong technical background, ideally to include a MS stack, (C , , SQL Server).
* Awareness of Agile/Scrum, Test-Driven Development (TDD)
* Understanding of DevOps highly beneficial
An exciting opportunity to take the reins, impart your ideas, experience and strategy in an autonomous position, central to driving this company forwards