Health & Pharma - London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Health & Pharma - Delivering Deal Value - Senior Manager
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
About the team
Delivering Deal Value (DDV) is a market leading team sitting within PwC's Consulting business, assisting both Corporate and Private Equity (PE) clients in a wide range of high impact business situations. Most of our work is in the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) space, both pre and post deal, and we regularly go to market with our colleagues in Transaction Services, however we can also deliver non-deal transformation projects. The M&A Deals we work on range in size from £50m to over £5bn and our clients include several of the most well-known brands and businesses in the world.
Our team contains approximately 150 dynamic and friendly people from a wide range of backgrounds and disciplines. We recruit proactively from industry, consulting, private equity and audit to create a great blend of experience on each project. This blend of backgrounds helps us learn from each other and stay at the top of the market delivering fantastic results for our clients on landmark Deals.
About the role
If you join us with prior experience in operational transaction services, you may have a preference for the type of project or business development work you take on. If not, then you are likely to start out working on a range of the different products we offer as a team, including;
- Pre-deal value creation advisory - . where can we see value for our client in this deal?
- Buy and sell side operational due diligence - . has the business been performing well?What could be improved to unlock further value for our client?
- Synergy development and review - . where are the synergies between two businesses and how well has the plan for capturing these synergies been compiled?
- Carve out and divestment support - . what does the business look like standalone, what support and transition services will it need to function? How can we help our clients execute the separation and ensure a smooth Day 1?
- Taking control and 100 day planning - . how can our clients safely take control of the business and manage risk whilst delivering quick wins through the first 100 days?
- Mergers & Acquisitions Integration - . how can our clients protect and grow value in an acquisition, what is the right level of integration to achieve this and what does an effectively run integration programme look like?
- Post-acquisition performance improvement using our Rapid Value Creation methodology - . where might value lie in the business and how can we generate sustainable cost savings?
A career in the DDV team is a unique and rewarding challenge. The work is difficult, often quite complex and done under tight deadlines. As a result, the opportunity for personal and career development is extraordinary with great opportunities for progression, however this career path can be challenging at times.
Whilst the team is London based, deal activity is global, therefore projects can involve travel which can be at short notice. Occasionally projects may also involve being based overseas for multiple weeks with trips home weekly or bi weekly and candidates should be prepared for this. The team is structured by sector, with specialist cross-sector teams in Finance, Technology and Integration; we also work closely with our colleagues in 'People in Deals' who focus on the HR aspects of a deal. Although you will be aligned to a sector or specialist team, the type of client projects you work on will vary based on the demand and the current deal market, therefore a degree of flexibility is expected.
The Manager role is a leadership role at project level. As such, you will be expected to take on a leading role on engagements and management of project team members within 6-12 months and contribute to business development efforts where possible alongside your project responsibilities. There are plenty of opportunities to get to know your new colleagues. Consulting is a relationship industry after all. We have weekly team newsletters, monthly team meetings and monthly socials, together with an annual away day. The team is a collaborative and supportive environment with lots of chances to socialise across our team and the wider business.
What we are looking for
Professional experience: The most successful candidates are typically;
- From an operational line management role or a transformational role in a corporate, have been involved in the operational side of private equity or worked in operational transaction services in the past
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of at least 1 of the following functions; sales, marketing, finance, buying, supply chain, Quality, R&D, health services or regulatory
- Have the ability to quickly assess the performance of a business (or elements of it) and outline improvement opportunities based upon limited information and/ or interactions with
- Experienced in M&A, synergy, integration and/ or carve-out, and/ or on change projects, restructuring or business improvement
- Have some professional services experience, either as a consultant/ advisor or as an internal consultant/ advisor within a corporate
Essential skills and experience
- Operational management experience gained within a Pharmaceutical or Healthcare environment. Either from within industry or as a consultant
- An understanding of regulatory environment in relation to Pharmaceuticals or provision of Health services
- Experience on change projects, business improvement experience
- Comfort around financial analysis and understanding the interrelationship with operational drivers
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Ability to engage and communicate with senior business leaders
- M&A transformation or divestiture experience, ideally synergy, integration and/or carve-out, and/orchange projects
- Delivering professional services engagements
- Experience completing operational due diligence
- Restructuring, businessimprovement expertise
- Commercial exposure in negotiation and consultation
- Foreign language skills
Whilst primarily London based, our deal involvement is global in nature and candidates must be prepared to travel widely and frequently as and when required.