Debt Caseworker - Bideford | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Bideford, Devon, England
£23000.00 - £23000.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Debt Caseworker Based at our Bideford office, with potential for outreach work across our other Devon offices (subject to the latest COVID guidance) with flexible working considered Are you a compassionate individual with excellent communication skills? Want to take on a highly rewarding role providing support to people across the county? If so, we want to hear from you.
Are you the right applicant for this opportunity? Find out by reading through the role overview below.
About Us Citizens Advice Torridge, North, Mid & West Devon is a Devon-based advisory service that helps members of the public to understand, face, and deal with problems they may be experiencing.
Every year, thousands of people come to us for advice and help with all manner of problems, from managing debt and household bills to welfare and benefits.
We serve a population of over 300,000 people with around 30 staff and over 150 volunteers.
We’re currently looking for a Debt Caseworker to join our team and provide debt advice to members of the public.
- Salary of £23,000 per annum
- Homeworking options
- Employer’s pension contribution
- Generous annual leave
- Ongoing training and support This is a brilliant opportunity to undertake excellent training, increase your debt advice experience and become an integral part of an inventive, collaborative team.
At Citizens Advice, we’re here for everyone.
Our advice helps people solve problems and our advocacy helps fix problems in society.
Whatever the challenge, we won’t turn people away.
For most people, tackling money issues is an incredibly stressful experience and can often feel overwhelming.
You’ll make a difference by providing them with a friendly face and the support they need to get their finances back on track.
Your Role As a Debt Caseworker, you will be trained to provide accurate and helpful money and debt advice to members of the public.
Specifically, you will assess needs and provide one-off debt advice or a casework service through a mixture of channels and in collaboration with partner agencies.
You will explore the options and implications of each route out of debt and enable and empower service users to make informed decisions about their finances.
You will provide detailed casework encompassing areas such as bankruptcy, Debt Relief Orders, challenging liability, court processes and financial capability.
Your role will also involve:
- Negotiating with third parties on behalf of the service user
- Acting for, or advising service users regarding other problems that may have an impact on their case
- Producing financial statements
- Maintaining case records
- Using IT for statistical record-keeping
- Participating in peer and file reviews About You To be considered as a Debt Caseworker, you will need:
- An understanding of the need for confidentiality and a non-judgmental approach
- A good level of IT literacy and the ability to use it to provide advice and prepare reports and submissions
- Great verbal communication skills, with particular emphasis on negotiation and representation
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to draft correspondence and reports
- The ability to liaise with creditors, statutory agencies and other voluntary sector agencies
- Good numeracy skills and the ability to carry out efficient calculations and prepare budgets for our clients
- The willingness and ability to travel to outreach sessions and home visits Experience of providing money advice would be beneficial but isn’t essential as full training will be given.
Other organisations may call this role Debt Support Advisor, Money Advisor, Debt Advisor, Debt Support Representative, or Debt Helpline Advisor.
We’re also eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Customer Service Executive, Customer Service Rep, Contact Centre Agent, Contact Centre Representative, Customer Care Rep, or Customer Support Representative.
Webrecruit and Citizens Advice Torridge, North, Mid & West Devon are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you are ready for your next challenge as a Debt Caseworker, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit.
The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: full time