Electrician Darrington Quarry - Knottingley | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Electrician Darrington Quarry
Knottingley, Wakefield, England
Permanent (Full time)
Electrician (Darrington Quarry)
Cridling Stubbs, Nr Knottingley, West Yorkshire
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We are now looking for an Electrician to join our team at Darrington Quarry in Cridling Stubbs, within easy reach of Knottingley.
- Competitive hourly rate + overtime
- 21 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
As an Electrician, you will be tasked with providing electrical engineering support for plant, machinery and equipment at Darrington Quarry.
Specifically, you will carry out effective planned maintenance and remedial repairs, as well as attending emergency breakdowns.
You will undertake electrical and mechanical fault finding, providing temporary fixes and permanent solutions that ensure operations can continue.
As part of your role, you will also provide support to other quarries throughout the local area.
To be considered as an Electrician, you will need:
- To be trained to City & Guilds and/or ONC level, ideally with a working knowledge of BS7671 17th edition
- To be conversant with the Electricity at Work Act
- The ability to read electrical drawings
- Familiarity with industrial mobile and fixed plant
- A working knowledge of PLCs, Inverters, Drives and Motor control circuits etc.
- Good diagnostic skills and the ability to provide a logical approach to fault finding
- The ability to diagnose and repair electrical problems
- Experience across a wide variety of machinery
- To be willing to work overtime when required
Other organisations may call this role Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Plant Maintenance Engineer, or Plant Maintenance Technician.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Electrician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.