University Study Skills Tutor - Cheltenham | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
University Study Skills Tutor - Cheltenham
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
£25 - £30 per hour
Temporary (Zero Hour)
Are you interested in helping university students achieve their academic goals?
Prospero Student Support Services are looking for people with a background in SpLD who can work with university and higher education students to develop their study skills and learning strategies. As a Study Skills Tutor, you will be providing specialist support to students and will help to implement individual learning plans enabling them to achieve their academic goals during their time at university.
We are looking for people to provide support at local universities, and there will also be the opportunity to support students across other areas if you are available to travel.
To be eligible for the position, you must hold a professional membership of a relevant body. Please see below for a list of accepted memberships.
- Flexible working hours on a part-time basis - you choose your own hours! (from 1-30 hours weekly)
- A competitive hourly pay rate plus additional benefits, . holiday pay
- £25 - £30 per hour
- Interacting directly with students - you help them to achieve their goals
Providing individual support to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD). You will help your students with:
- Building skills to help manage SpLD-related disabilities
- Help with researching, structuring and reviewing assignments
- Building skills in time management, organisation and independent learning
- Supporting students to build their own independence and increase their confidence
You MUST hold a professional membership with one of the following:
- Professional Association for Teachers and Assessors (PATOSS) - Full Membership
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
- Dyslexia Guild - Associate Member
- The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE)
Further skills/requirements include:
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Accurate spelling and grammar
- Punctuality and reliability
If you have the above and are interested in this rewarding part time role supporting students in Higher Education then we want to talk to you. Please send your CV to ######
For more information please contact Gemma Wilson or Ashley Fortune on######### or email ######.
With you on board we can really help our students have a better future.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with us. We can offer the successful applicant free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding & behaviour management.