Operational Finance Business Partner - Hull | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Operational Finance Business Partner
Permanent (Full time)
Elevation are delighted to be working on an exciting opportunity that has arisen for an experienced Operations Business Partner to join the finance team.
Now entering its 75th year in business, Willerby is the UK Market leader in the manufacture of Lodges and Caravans and has, since its 2017 sale to PE, has seen turnover exceed £170m. With the current high levels of interest in staycations, the business is in a strong market and has recently made major investments to support further increases in market share and competitiveness.
For an operationally focussed and fully qualified professional this role offers an exciting opportunity to work closely with the Senior Operations teams across our five production lines to drive business performance and profitability through controlling and analysing operational costs and overheads.
Reporting directly to the newly appointed Head of FP&A, and having alignment with operations, you will work closely with the Senior Operations team and Heads of Production on a day to day basis to drive business performance and improvements
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Full responsibility for the Manufacturing site P&L
- Support Production Management on a day-to-day basis to maximise operational effectiveness
- Own the month end process for all operational areas (including production, manufacturing variances, direct and indirect labour) providing insight, analysis, and commentary to feed into the Monthly reporting Packs
- Weekly production of the Production Financials pack and subsequent review of KPIs with Production Management team
- Attend daily production calls with the Production Management team ensuring timely communication of any opportunities/risks identified along with evaluation of financial impact
- Own the annual Budgeting and in year Forecasts cycles for all operational areas from collation to review and presentations. Working closely with the Directors and other areas of finance to ensure all timetables are met.
- Oversee calculation of labour costs for different volume scenarios
- Manage the Capex approval process, providing financial support to the Production & Maintenance department with regards to Capex requests and monitoring monthly overhead expenditure.
- Tracking the impact of all expenditure on major projects to ensure appropriate control and forecast ROI is maintained and highlighting the need for any corrective action to Management
- Lead the annual Calculation & Maintenance of Production Standard Labour Costs
- Developing and sharing best practice across the supply chain and wider organisational finance function
- Ensure the accuracy of data maintained in our ERP system & other core systems
- Lead the Operations Finance team, providing day to day supervision and support, with a keen focus on development
- Support the Head of FP&A and Group Finance Director with ad-hoc requests / activities
- Provide Project support and other adhoc support to aid decision making
The role requires a driven, operationally focussed finance professional who will actively seek to embed themselves within the Operations and Production Management teams, and work collaboratively with them to drive performance. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be Qualified, with a strong background in costings within a medium to large manufacturing company.
This is the perfect time to be joining this business, and progression is certainly an opportunity for the right candidate.