Site /Project Installations Manager - East Bridgford | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Site /Project Installations Manager
East Bridgford, Nottinghamshire, England
£50000.00 - £55000.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
The company: Vital Energi operates in the Energy sector providing a comprehensive service including design and installation, operating decentralised energy generation and multi-utility network distribution schemes based on low carbon / zero carbon technologies.
If you’d like to know a bit more about this opportunity, or are considering applying, then please read the following job information.
The company also provides tailored energy management schemes to measure, monitor and manage energy consumption.
Vital Energi continues to produce energy efficient heat and power systems and consumption reduction solutions with long term cost benefits for clients in a broad range of markets including Healthcare, Education, Industrial, Commercial, Residential, and Local Authority.
Vital Energi has also started to build its first Waste to Energy plant at a site in Drakelow, Derbyshire.
The Role: As Site Installation Manager, you will be expected to provide ‘On Site’ system support, supervision and installation guidance and management.
You will also be accountable for developing, supporting and delivering the project activities in a safe, structured and cost-effective manner ensuring high standards of productivity/output are maintained and continuously improved on.
This role requires a strong background in Mechanical or Electrical Services installations with Steam systems and Power Generation/CHP Experience and advantage The Key deliverables for this role will centre on the effective site management of all projects assigned by the Head of Construction or the Project Manager.
This will be inclusive of but not limited to:
- Setting out the site in line with CDM 2015 requirements and Vital Energi Internal processes
- Ensuring the project scope (Industrial M&E Systems) is delivered and installed to exacting standards
- Management of the site safety systems.
- Monitor the overall progress of the works against the agreed construction programme and revise any critical path issues.
Update the project team and the client (or their representatives) on necessary revisions and co-ordinate the agreed responses.
Record and act upon any instructions given by the client or their representative.
- Maintain accurate on-site records of all goods received on a weekly basis and ensure that these (including all delivery notes) are correctly processed.
- Routinely spend time in the field monitoring, observing and assessing performance to maintain and reinforce high standards of work.
- Assess sub-contractor performance and produce reports for the project team.
- Chair weekly sub-contract meetings where both post and pre-weekly progress will be recorded and co-ordinated.
- Produce weekly overall project progress reports to the Site Project Manager
- Ensure the safe system of work is enforced and permits raised and monitored in line with company expectations
- Auditing / approval of Risk Assessments and Method statements
- Issuing of Permits to work
- Submission of Isolation schedules to the customer
- Manage the Delivery of Plant, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Installations
- Assisting with Commissioning, Performance testing and Handover to Customer and Operations Department
- Manage close out of all snagging
- Preparation of O&M Manuals The Person: Ideally you will have a formal qualification in a Mechanical, Electrical or Civil works discipline and will hold SMSTS Certificate & a CSCS Card.
- Proven track record of managing complex site-based industrial installation projects (at least 5 years’ experience)
- Experience of Steam Systems and Plant Installation
- Reciprocating Combined Heat and Power systems
- Heat Pump Installation experience
- HV Generation
- Understanding of basic Civil works and setting out
- Demonstrate in depth Knowledge of the Construction and Design Management Regulations 2015
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Project competency
- Able to manage own workload
- Strong team player The Package: Competitive salary (depending upon experience) Healthcare/EAP scheme Contributory Company Pension Scheme Non-contributory death-in-service insurance 33 Days Holiday including Bank Holidays On-site Gym & Well-being facilty at the Head Office Applications will be processed within 28 days of receipt.
If you have not heard from us within this time period it will mean that your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.
Thanks you for your interest in Vital Energi.
The company is opposed to all forms of discrimination and will select for employment, training and promotion on the basis of suitability for the job and/ or merit.
It is company policy that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment than another on the grounds of sex, race, colour, age, ethnic or national origins, political affiliations, religious beliefs, marital status, physical disability or is disadvantaged by unjustifiable conditions or requirements.
Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in the UK and are currently resident in the UK are invited to apply.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Vital Energi Utilities Ltd is not accepting unsolicited CVs from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting.
CVs submitted to any Vital Energi Utilities Ltd employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Vital Energi Utilities Ltd.
No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.