Change Coach - St Austell | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
St Austell, Cornwall, England
21000.0000 - 24000.0000
Contract (Full time)
Home Based (covering St Austell/East Cornwall)
Cornwall Neighbourhoods for Change (CN4C) is a charity and a social enterprise which aims to transform the quality of life for people, places and communities.
We’ve been around since 2001 and are focused on affecting change that will make lives better, make Cornwall fairer and combat inequality and injustice.
We’re now looking for a number of Change Coaches to join us for fixed-term contracts and support the delivery of various programmes that support Cornish people.
- Salary of £21,000 - £24,000 per annum
- Employers contribution pension scheme
- NHS Top-Up Healthcare plan membership for all staff
- Join an organisation that is empowering communities in Cornwall
If you have a strong understanding of how to support individuals from disadvantaged communities, this is an incredible opportunity to become part of programmes that are helping local people to increase their skills, build their confidence and work towards a more positive future.
You will have the chance to work with a diverse range of people, helping them to gain the skills and confidence needed to make a positive change in their lives.
As a Change Coach, you will support people on their journey to wellness, social inclusion, learning or work.
Supporting the delivery of a number of different programmes, you will manage a caseload of people and help them to identify and overcome their personal barriers.
Specifically, you will:
- Work directly with participants in both group and 1-2-1 settings, supporting their journey
- Provide advice and guidance in an inclusive way with an understanding of the impact of multiple disadvantages can have on aspiration and progression
- Build relationships with the people you are working with, and provide support using the appropriate funding stream
- Work with local partners, stakeholders and organisations to identify and recruit eligible participants
- Support members to identify and overcome their personal barriers and move into training, education, volunteering, employment and job search
CN4C are holding an Eventbrite on Wednesday 26th May at 4pm for anyone who would like to find out more about working for the charity. To book a ticket, please follow the link provided within the application process.
To join us as a Change Coach, you will need an understanding of the following:
- How to overcome the barriers for people from disadvantaged communities, as well as people facing multiple and complex needs
- The need for confidentiality and equal opportunities
- How to create a safe operating environment
- Working with people who have experienced traumatic events
A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, as would knowledge of community development or the European Funding context.
Other organisations may call this role Community Support Worker, Caseworker, Community Engagement Co-ordinator, Support Worker, NEET Support Worker, or NEET Project Officer.
Webrecruit and CN4C are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Change Coach, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.