Schools Social Worker - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Schools Social Worker
East London, Greater London, England
Temporary (Full time)
My client is looking for an experienced SWE registered Qualified Social Worker to join this Schools Social Work team.
Suitable candidates must have a least 2 years post qualifying experience working a in a children and families team or your CV wont be shortlisted
What is a school social worker?
School social workers help students who have mental, physical, or emotional challenges reach their full academic and social potential. They usually work in school districts and educational settings.
What does a school social worker do?
School social workers build intervention strategies for a wide range of issues that school-aged children face (. bullying, learning difficulties). They collaborate with parents, teachers, and school administrators to ensure children feel safe and happy. School social workers also identify and report on severe problems, such as child abuse and neglect.
School social worker responsibilities include:
* Creating individualized intervention plans
* Referring students and their families to mental health services if needed
* Educating parents and teachers on how to help children overcome their issues
What are some important skills for a school social worker?
School social workers usually have a degree in Social Work or Psychology. They have experience dealing with various problems that children and families face, and they can demonstrate effective problem-solving during a crisis. School social workers should also have excellent communication and listening skills as they interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
When crafting your own school social worker job description, make sure to include these skills and qualifications as requirements.
We are looking for an experienced school social worker to join our team. Your primary responsibility will be to identify mental or emotional issues that our students face and work with them through those challenges. You'll also collaborate with parents and school staff to create coordinated intervention strategies (. behavioral management).
To succeed in this role, you must have great communication and counselling skills. You should have the ability to connect and empathize with students and understand the root of their problems. If you are compassionate and you love helping others, we'd like to hear from you.
* Listen to students' issues when they come looking for help, and provide support and discuss solutions with them
* Talk with students who exhibit concerning behaviors to understand their issues
* Identify problems in the school setting, such as bullying or aggressive behavior
* Review students' medical and mental health history
* Interview parents and teachers of students who face problems to update their records
* Create individualized plans for students who face hardships at school or at home
* Monitor and report on students' progress
* Refer students and families to mental health services or psychiatric help
* Research new ways to improve children's wellbeing
* Provide guidance to teachers of high-risk children
* Support parents in facilitating students' progress
* Report to the proper authorities in cases of physical, mental, or emotional abuse
* Previous experience as a social school worker or in a similar role
* Basic knowledge of MS Office
* Experience working with a wide range of issues students' families face (. domestic
violence, drug abuse)
* Ability to effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
* An empathetic and trustworthy personality
To apply for this post, please send you CV in the first instance to Becky at
Don't forget...Eden Brown Synergy offers a £250 referral bonus for Social Workers. If this role isn't for you but you know someone suitable, ask them to get in touch. £250 could be on it's way to you! Your expert recruitment consultant is Becky Dewis, call today on (phone number removed) or email (url removed) Eden Brown Synergy is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Synergy is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy