Assistant Manager Solvency II Reporting
Fenchurch Street, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
About the role
What you need to know:
This role serves as a member of the UK Solvency II team within the Controllership Finance function with primary responsibility for assisting the Solvency II Reporting Leads in delivering and meeting all regulatory reporting requirements (Solvency II, NAIC, ABI, ONS, MIBI etc) for AIG UK and the UK Solvency Group. This includes quarterly and annual Solvency II Finance processes and controls and the delivery of required submissions to the PRA in accordance with governance requirements. Additional responsibility for establishing robust processes within a strong control environment where required and engaging with key stakeholders to enable regulatory reporting and consolidation.
- Assisting the Solvency II leads in the delivery of the regulatory returns for AIGUK to the PRA and other key stakeholders such as NAIC, ONS and ABI, including production of the EBS and calculation of available capital for capital purposes
- Development of the overall control environment and internal governance requirements
- Strong technical knowledge of Solvency II with relevant experience gained internally or in a similar organisation
- Working closely with Accenture, the Legal Entity Reporting team and the US GAAP team to ensure consistency in processes and approach and integrated data flow from US GAAP SAP for downstream reporting purposes
- Assisting in the preparation of results papers for stakeholders such as AIGUK CFO, and other members of the Finance Leadership team
- Acting as an SME for Finance for AIG200 relating to regulatory reporting
- Assisting the External Audit (PWC), Actuarial, Risk and Tax teams for all financial reporting topics and issues
- Working with Actuarial, ERM and Strategic Finance to drive internal and external reporting consistency, and timely resolution of issues
- Developing and maintaining regulatory policies and methodologies to support the regulatory reporting
- Implementation of best practice and ensuring effective and efficient processes are in place
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of working in key related finance roles in large and complex organizations with complex systems, ideally BIG 4 background
- Solvency II Reporting experience
- Strong excel modelling skills and hands on experience with other office applications
- Strong accounting technical knowledge in US GAAP/IFRS/Solvency II /Solvency I preferable
- Proven track record of delivering and used to working in tight timelines
- Able to maintain motivation and deliver quality without supervision
- Good communication & presentation skills, written and verbal
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: ... is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to ######. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
FA - FinanceEstimated Travel Percentage (%): No TravelRelocation Provided: NoAIG Europe . (. Service Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd