West Midlands - This Area Only
Temporary (Full time)
Education Support Administrator
Band 400 – £ p/h
8-12 weeks contract
Job Summary for Education Support Administrator
A Birmingham based University is looking to recruit multiple Education Support Administrators to join a professional services team which is passionate about providing an excellent administration support for students and staff. Duties may vary between teams, but you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the administrative work supporting the delivery of our taught and research programmes for students. This will include providing timely and accurate administrative support for some or all of the following activities: student recruitment and admissions, welcome activities, induction, timetabling, attendance monitoring, examinations, student progression, placements and graduation etc.
You will be able to develop a wide range of skills, both technical and administrative, and may also have the opportunity to lead on specific tasks within the team
Brief outline of Main duties of Education Support Administrator
- Act as the first point of contact providing relevant and timely information to students, staff and external providers, answering queries promptly and handling any issues from initial contact to resolution. This will include recognising when queries need to be referred elsewhere.
- Provide administrative support for a wide range of activities in delivering the annual cycle of teaching and learning outlined in the role summary above; for example recording student attendance information or seeking draft exam papers from academic staff for approval.
- Regularly communicate relevant information to students, staff and external providers.
- Provide administrative support for event planning and delivery which enhances the curriculum and student experience.
- Use a variety of complex University systems and processes to collate, manipulate and interpret sets of data, and produce routine reports.
- Contribute to the annual programme/module review and evaluation processes.
- Contribute to periodic reviews of administrative processes and procedures with the objective of making improvements and sharing best practice across other areas within the wider University.
- Provide a professional secretarial service to relevant committees and meetings where required.
- Supports equality and values diversity, moderating own behaviour to avoid unfair discriminatory impact or bias on others.
If you are available immediately and have previous Administration experience please “HIT APPLY”
Upload you’re most up to date CV. Thank you.