Law Graduate Required for Compliance Role - Wells | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Law Graduate Required for Compliance Role
Wells, Somerset, England
16500.0000 - 17500.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Due to our clients expanding workload they are seeking to recruit a Compliance Administration Officer into their Compliance Department which is based in Somerset. With a staff of over 170, and with 40 years of experience, our client are a niche firm offering a range of conveyancing and other legal services to Private Individuals, Housing Providers and Business clients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Compliance Administration Officer to join this department in their Wells office as soon as possible. The purpose of this role is to provide proactive and professional administrative compliance services to the firm, specifically in relation to new files being opened, liaising directly with clients to obtain ID documentation and information regarding their source of funds.
We are seeking Graduates for trainee case officer role to join the team as soon as possible. This is a full-time role - Monday to Friday - .
You will play an important part in ensuring the team consistently delivers a high standard of work to meet the needs of the client and also the work providers. The team works to strict deadlines therefore the ability to effectively prioritise your workload and stay calm under pressure is essential. Additionally, you will have excellent communication skills, both written and oral and will be confident in dealing with people face to face and also on the telephone.
The role includes the following non-exhaustive task list:
- Carrying out money laundering checks to ensure that the firm complies with its obligations under anti- money laundering legislation;
- Carrying out due diligence searches in respect of clients and matters, including client websites and online ID verification systems;
- Checking and verifying information provided clients and others;
- Assisting with AML enquiries from fee earners and support staff on their files;
- Building a good rapport with fee earners and support staff;
- To administer daily work within the restrictions of GDPR, Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme and Solicitors Regulation Authority;
- To adhere to policies and procedures of the Firm;
- To undertake additional tasks as deemed reasonable to meet the needs of the team in the delivery of excellent client service.
If you are successful in joining the team you will initially be undertaking administrative duties to support the existing officers in the compliance team with their daily work. This will give you a great understanding of how they operate on a day to day basis and provide you with a firm foundation in readiness for your case officer training and developing your technical skills.
You will be offered a competitive annual salary and the opportunity to develop a career within a legal environment. They are a hard-working team with a 'can do’ approach to getting the work done therefore we welcome applications from likeminded people.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send us your CV via the form below.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.