Chief Technology Officer - Cambridge | Zoek UK | d122a4
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Chief Technology Officer
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
£70000 - £100000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Position : CTO / Chief Technology Officer / Head of Technology
Sector : Science for the renewable energy / electrical energy storage sector, supercapacitors, battery technology, energy storage systems
Location : Chesterford Research Park, CB10
Salary :Negotiable but likely to be in the £70,000-£100,000 bracket and will be very much dependant on ability and experience
Superdielectrics Limited set out in 2013 to develop biocompatible, electrically conducting hydrophilic polymers which had the potential to be used in Bioelectronics. During their research and development programme, they noted that their materials exhibited very unusual electrical properties. Following independent research by the Bristol University Electrochemistry group, it was found that when tested in devices with simple carbon electrodes, the devices were characterised by geometrical capacitances three or four orders of magnitude larger than the geometrical capacitances of carbon electrodes in conventional electrolyte solutions. It was determined that these outstanding electrochemical properties could be exploited in the development of high energy density supercapacitors.
Their goal now is to develop high energy density, low cost, low environmental impact electrical energy storage devices that will help create a clean and sustainable global energy and transportation system.
As part of their continued development, they now have an opportunity for someone to join their team in the position of
CTO / Chief Technology Officer / Head of Technology
This exciting position will see you working at the cutting edge of technology. You will lead a team of scientists and engineers developing both chemistry applications based around hydrophilic polymer technology along with supercapacitor-based energy storage products to take to market.
You will need to be able to demonstrate success in having led technology research and development teams through prototyping, productionisation and commercialisation within the energy storage, supercapacitor or battery sectors in an industrial environment.
• A Degree level qualification. This should be in a relevant subject which may include Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or a very closely related subject - this is essential
• Post-Graduate Qualification in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or a very closely related subject - this is very much preferred, and preference will be given to people who have attained Masters, PhD, Chartered Engineer / Scientist status
• Industry experience at CTO / Head of Technology / Senior Engineer / Senior Chemist level - this is essential. We cannot consider people who only have experience in an academic environment.
• Experience of technology / science driven research and development in an industrial environment including the development of technical products
• Previous experience in a R & D environment in an electrical energy storage, supercapacitor, battery or similar environment
• Experience of scale up from prototype / pilot stage to commercial production levels
• Experience of developing supply chains and partnerships within the energy storage, supercapacitor, battery or similar environment
• Excellent presentation skills, able to introduce new technology solutions to potential customers, investors, partners and employees
• Able to apply a high level of scientific / engineering rigor to the analysis of data and results, and use this to draw & present conclusions to other scientists and non-technical people
• Commercially astute
• A natural leader and motivator
• Any experience of patents for science / engineering / technology is beneficial
• Experience of identifying and implementing appropriate industry standards eg ISO 9001
• Have a high regard for health and safety and for appropriate housekeeping
• Not happy to accept the status quo, always wanting to push the boundaries of what is deemed acceptable or possible
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship for this vacancy.
What is on offer :
• Basic salary from £70,000-£100,000 (very negotiable according to ability and experience)
• Holidays 25 days plus statutory holidays
• Pension Plan
• Share option scheme
• The chance to be part of something truly special