IT Project Manager - Derby - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
IT Project Manager
Derby - This Area Only
Contract (Full time)
IT Project Manager
Our client a large public sector organisation require a IT Project Manager to deliver a number of small software and hardware projects
The Project Manager will be responsible for the full lifecycle of the project in conjunction with the Project Sponsor ensuring that the project is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard. They also ensure the project is effectively resourced and manages relationships with a wide range of groups
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
* Manage projects, ensuring resources and budgets are available to deliver in line with agreed customer priorities.
* Produce regular management information and reports on all projects.
* Work with the operational IS managers and teams to ensure smooth transition of projects into the production environment.
* To conduct internal and external stakeholder engagement, including engagement with the external providers and regional counterparts
* IS project management methodology in line with the Force Business Change programme support office and IS Programme standards.
Skills & Experience Required:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification in relevant IS related subject or equivalent work-related experience.
* A recognised qualification in Project Management or equivalent work experience.
* Proven experience of project management methodologies.
* Proven experience of managing risks.
* Proven experience of managing issues through to resolution.
* Ability to managing and communication with stakeholders at all organisational levels.
* Proven experience of managing capital and revenue project budgets.
* Proven track record of running multiple projects and work-streams within an organisation.
* Proven Experience of commercial management and negotiation with suppliers of IS services.
* Ability to negotiate and influence decision making in an environment without direct authority over others.
* Prince 2 or equivalent qualification
* ITIL foundation qualification
* Experience of producing high quality briefings and reports
The role will be a mixture of on and offsite work.
This role is inside of IR35 (umbrella company payments)
Note: The rate is set and cannot be negotiated
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas