Automation and Control Systems Project Manager - Bolton | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Automation and Control Systems Project Manager
Permanent (Full time)
At Warburtons, family is at the heart of our business. Five generations' worth of expertise that goes into making our bakery products allows us to continue a tradition of baking inherited over the past 141 years.
Warburtons is the largest bakery brand in the UK, but that doesn't allow us to rest on our laurels. We are pioneers of the industry and ambitious market leaders, always seeking to challenge ourselves and convention. It is part of our philosophy to provide honest good sense on issues of health and well-being, helping the whole family to enjoy our products as part of a healthy, balanced diet, through a range of products to suit all meal occasions, lifestyles and tastes.
As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,000 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values are what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
Are you an Electrical & Automation Engineering Manager or an Operational Technology Engineer ready for your next challenge? This newly created role to support the continued growth and investment will be working alongside our Head of Project Engineering, as part of our national Project Engineering team. You will own and lead our Engineering Technology & Control strategy from Bakery to Board Room.
Based from our Bolton Head Office and working nationally throughout our Bakery network, our Project Engineering team are dedicated to Engineering Excellence and continuous improvement. We are proud to be leading and developing a team at the cutting edge of engineering innovation.
You will be flexible in your approach and able to travel throughout our bakery network therefore we are able to look at applications throughout the North West, Cumbria, Yorkshire and the Midlands.
Key Accountabilities and Measures
We’re going on a journey of innovation and of continuous improvement.
Our Engineering team are encouraged to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at a pace; we’re looking for you to make a personal impact, have passion and inspire our teams.
We are looking for you to be the expert in Control Systems, MES and Automation across multiple sites. We will be looking to you to build an understanding of business requirements, working alongside our site and support teams, to build a national strategy. Through data-analysis, business partnering and supplier relationships you will be able to interpret the Technology requirements, identify trends and ways of working to support our site operations.
You will already have experience of working with Senior Leadership teams with the ability to manage and motivate teams, directly, indirectly and remotely, using your experience and knowledge to guide and influence. You will also have experience in supplier relationship management, successfully using these relationships to keep up-to-date with changing technologies. We are looking for you to be an excellent relationship builder and team player, with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups, exhibiting the leadership and strategic skills that this role requires.
As our Automation & Control Manager you will possess a broad knowledge of business processes and emerging technology solutions. Working with both business and functional strategies you will rise to the challenge to help deliver on National objectives.
We are looking for you to:
* Establish effective partnering relationships with the Business Leaders, Senior Managers, across relevant business areas to drive the development and delivery of operational technology applications to enable business strategy.
* Be a subject matter expert for Automation & Control Systems and leadership of related capital projects
* Have the ability to evaluate and mitigate risk to ensure effective operations
* To establish and manage strategic supplier relationships. Ensuring that services provided are to the required standard to support the business
* To provide user support and training for operational technology systems. Ensuring that support process is adhered to and critical business processes are conducted
* You’ll be an expert in Manufacturing Control Systems, including Electrical, PLC, SCADA, MES & ERP Integration
* Excellent knowledge of IoT technologies for an industrial setting
* Working knowledge in IT Systems, including network design
* Proven experience in full lifecycle project delivery
* An Engineer with experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
* Identify continuous improvement opportunities to drive quality, cost, reliability and safety performance.
* Driven by solutions with a positive approach, ideas and innovation motivated
* Passionate about quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
* Continued personal development with an eye for developing and encouraging talent within your team
* Understanding of managing people and leading by example
* Possess an Engineering Qualification such as HND, HNC, BEng or equivalent
And last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your bread is worth;
* Competitive Base Salary & Company Car or Allowance
* Family time is important to us and we know it will be to you, so as well as your five weeks holiday, we’ll give you the option to purchase an extra 5 days each year
* Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
* A slice of the annual profits
* Award winning pension plan
* Life Assurance, Medical Insurance
* Discount Vouchers / products & benefits for you and your family
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do