Estimator - Intermediate Level
Competitive plus benefits
Estimator - Intermediate Level
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Job type: Permanent
Based at their offices in Braintree this is a key position within the Estimating department offering strong leadership to a team responsible for providing accurate, timely and compelling bid proposals to a wide range of customers for gas, electric, water and fibre utility infrastructure projects. Delivering market-leading service to both internal and external customers underpinning our clients strong growth and customer loyalty.
Our client is a dynamic fast growing independent multi-utility connection contractor. By working closely with their clients, they offer flexible utility infrastructure solutions that enable developers to sell houses on time. Together they work closely as a team to find a better way. Their ethos is a focus on attitude, as they can train the skill, so if you are seeking a chance to develop yourself then this is the perfect opportunity!
Responsibilities of the Estimator:
- Ensuring team performance levels are within any agreed bid team KPI's.
- Development of the Bid Team members
- Responsible for the review and feedback of Bid Coordinator tenders.
- Assisting with recruitment of additional team resources.
- Contributing to the strategic business planning process.
- Identifying areas for improvement whilst maintaining clear documented procedures covering the team's areas of responsibility
- Control of day-to-day team operation including holiday approvals, sickness reporting etc.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure that the team work in a safe manner.
- Attending and contributing to senior staff meetings as necessary.
- Utilising standard pricing templates and working up costs from first principles.
- Maintaining regular contact with customers staff throughout the process.
- Identification of detailed customer's needs.
- Maintaining internal databases and project files to allow real time reporting.
- Provide guidance on bid positioning ensuring maximum margin and required win ratio.
- Developing and building strong relationships and attending customer recommencement meetings when required.
Requirements of the Estimator:
- Experience within a similar commercial environment, ideally within the utilities, building services or construction sector.
- Proven experience of managing/supervising a team is desirable.
- Pricing templates and working up costs from first principles.
- Must hold excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have good commercial awareness with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and coordination skills.
- Must be target driven and proven ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Good IT skills including MS Excel, Word and ability to use in house systems.
- Must hold a full driving licence.
You can expect a forward thinking and dynamic environment where development and coaching is their number one focus; they are aware they are only as good as their people and ensure you have all the tools in order to be successful. In return for your skills, experience and attitude, they offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, life assurance, pension, share investment scheme, discounted gym membership and much more!
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Estimator, then please apply now!
Closing Date: Friday 29th July 2019
Our client and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunities employer, and they value diversity and promote equality across all of their businesses. They welcome applications from all sections of society and are always happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application. The terminology used in this advert is not intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Posted 42 days ago