Purchasing Assistant / buyer - Halifax | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Purchasing Assistant / buyer
Halifax, Calderdale, England
£10.91 - £12.47/hour
Permanent (Full time)
Purchasing assistant / buyer required to join an international engineering business based in Halifax, West Yorkshire on a Temparory to Permanent basis. The role is a development role and as a junior buyer you will ideally have some experience of working within an office/administrative function looking to forge a career within procurement. Previous experience of purchasing or expediting of materials would be an advantage but not essential.
Purchasing Assistant / Buyer / Role
As purchasing assistant / buyer you will provide support to the procurement and planning team in sourcing and delivering products. Developing good relationships with current suppliers and negotiating cost price and delivery dates with suppliers will be essential in your area.
As a purchasing assistant / buyer you will provide support to the head Buyer in sourcing new suppliers and materials. Developing good relationships with current customers negotiating buying terms and delivery window dates will be essential in your area. You will provide general departmental administrative support to the team, in processing of purchase order numbers along with updating of spreadsheets and supporting documentation.
Communication is key to the role as in the ability to employees continually build relationships at all levels across the business and externally.
* Ideally 1 years+ experience of working within an office environment
* Self-motivated; keen, ambitious to develop career
* Able to effectively prioritise workload
* Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel with the ability to extract system data, analyse and apply sense checks
* Good standard of general education, Degree preferred but not essential
* Strong negotiation skills
* Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues, suppliers and others at all levels.
* Confident and highly motivated
What's in it for you:
* The opportunity to work with a market leading organisation who are passionate about their people.
* Annual Salary: £ to £ per annum, plus holiday, Free Parking,
If you have previous Administration experience with Purchasing or Buying and are looking for a new opportunity to work with a market leading company we would like to hear from you. To apply for this Junior Buyer / Purchasing Assistant vacancy click "Apply now" or contact E3 recruitment