VMU Manager - Bedford | Zoek UK | d14dfc
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
£40000 - £45000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
VMU Manager £45k, plus Car/ Van plus Bonus
VMU Manager, Bedford . £40000 - £45000 DOE, plus bonus and company vehicle.
This exciting opportunity would appeal to a Workshop / Depot Manager, who wants to move their career to the next level. The successful applicant will be required to manage a workshop maintaining a fleet of trucks, trailers and vans, repairing running defects, PMI's, MOT Prep and general maintenance.
• Carry out all aspects of maintenance, including servicing, inspection, repair, MOT preparation and breakdowns.
• Maintain a high level of understanding of Legal Compliance and standards of Roadworthiness, demonstrating an awareness of the DVSA Earned Recognition Scheme.
• Maintain the company's high levels in health & safety, demonstrating an awareness of ISO (phone number removed)H&S and ISO (phone number removed) Environmental.
• Operate safe systems of work and pride in the fleet, ensuring SOP’s and RA’s are up to date for every task performed.
• Manage operation of workshop inclusive of staff and vehicle management.
• Carry out and arrange routine inspections and maintenance of all vehicles to DVSA standards. . vehicles, workshop, etc.
• Monitor and report on DVSA/DVA pass rates.
• Manage the DVSA/DVA booking system.
• Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken in line with health & safety requirements.
• Work within the confines of a tight contract/budget and maximize external labour and parts sales.
• Closely monitor labour and parts sales to ensure monthly targets are met.
• Organising vehicle / Trailer breakdowns.
• Ideally have must have experience within a commercial vehicle setting.
• Kerridge experience is a must.
• VOR Experience within commercial vehicles
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in HGV and trailer maintenance
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a workshop environment
• Be flexible and have the ability to work unsupervised with a high level of self-motivation.
• NVQ Level 3 or IRTE qualified Commercial Vehicle Technician, but equivalent qualifications considered. Experience may also be considered as an alternative to academic qualifications.
• Clean HGV / LGV licence preferred, but not essential.
• 45 hours per week, however additional hours may be necessary to meet business needs.
• 22 Holiday days plus statutory, increasing with length of service
• Good basic salary
• Death in Service benefit
• Health Shield
• Pension Scheme