Rail: Inclusive Design Lead: Birmingham
Birmingham, West Midlands
There is a requirement for a Inclusive Design Lead to come onto the High Speed Two (HS2) project on a Permanentbasis in Birmingham.
- Pivotal role in defining and integrating the inclusive design requirements and the delivery of inclusive operations and services across the HS2 programme.
- Responsible for ensuring these requirements are embedded across HS2 giving assurance and accountability to the project. They will play a pivotal role in defining the technical requirements being applied and oversee the delivery of those to a quality and standard expected of HS2.
- The postholder will work within the Infrastructure Directorate, reporting to the Head of Architecture and will be expected to contribute to the strategic EDI goals of HS2 by working closely with the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Team including providing reports and reporting risks to compliance with inclusive design standards.
- Specify the inclusive design strategy and standards with appropriate measuring and monitoring processes to give assurance to the programme across the station developments, rolling stock and operational procedures
- Develop inhouse knowledge through a range of training and activities on inclusive design to raise awareness of the value it gives, improve the effectiveness of its integration, and demonstrate the HS2 to commitment in this area
- Lead the relationship with academia, professional bodies and the wider transport industry to identify challenges and opportunities with inclusive design and use our partners in these field to enhance our understanding and improve our decision making
- Lead the translation of subsequent specification through the HS2 change process into technical specifications and ensure through expert guidance the understanding in delivery teams of the inclusive design requirements
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI including providing reporting on inclusive design compliance, assurance and risks to the Head of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and the EDI steering committee
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and evaluate issues concerning inclusive design
- Ability to review compliance against inclusive design standards
- Communication skills including presenting technically complex design information to nontechnical stakeholders
- Risks management skills including the ability to assess, analyse and escalate risk
- Analysis Skills including the ability to compare, assure and provide analysis on information coming from a variety of courses
- Influencing and Negotiating skills including internal and external stakeholders on technical design decisions
- Project Management ability to coordinate and manage multiple workstreams
- Knowledge of national and international inclusive design standards and regulations
- Understanding of Equality Analysis/Equality Impact Assessment methodology
- Knowledge of specialist forums, consultation groups and third party providers in relation to inclusive design
- Knowledge of applicable building regulations
- Experience of managing inclusive design within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of providing risk based advice to senior stakeholders
- Experience of developing assurance processes in relation to compliance with inclusive design standards
- Experience of undertaking design reviews relating to inclusive design
For more Rail & Aviation updates, please connect with me on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosiewilkinson/
Posted 28 days ago