Technical Support Engineer
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Deskpro is award winning helpdesk software that helps to bring better online customer service to millions of people. Some of our customers include Apple, Microsoft, Valve, P&G, Samsung, Freelancer, HMRC & the NHS.
Our helpdesk software platform allows organisations to consolidate all of their customer support channels (email, phone, live chat, social) into one place. Giving them the software tools needed to provide incredible customer support.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer with 3+ years Linux experience (Required), who loves the combination of technical & customer facing support to join our support team, helping to support customers of our helpdesk software product suite.
This is one of those roles where you will need to multi-task and throw yourself into different challenges everyday. You could be on a technical call with a CTO or installing Deskpro onto a customers servers or liasing with the development team about technical issues or bugs. Every day will be different!
Join our support team to help improve online customer service for ever!
The Technical Support role at Deskpro is perfect for you if you are:
- Experienced with 3+ years working with Linux, ideally at a web-hosting company or in external technical support for a software company.
- Driven to make an impact at a growing and profitable startup.
- A proactive and innovative achiever who likes to wear multiple-hats.
What will you be doing?
This is a very varied customer-facing role, some of the things you could be doing include:
- Communicating with customers using our helpdesk (tickets, email, live chat, phone) to resolve technical issues and answer technical inquiries.
- Helping customers install software on their own machines (Mainly Linux but occasionally Windows) and suggest improvements to our installer systems.
- Reproducingtechnical bugs/issues and ensure resolution of these.
- Proposing improvements around usability of the technical aspects of our platform and feed into the dev/product team.
- Testing VMs, installers, integrations, updates etc.
- Working with our QA team to ensure testing on new releases is completed to a high standard, every time.
- Verifying fixes and collaborate with the dev team on regressions and improvements.
Our ideal candidate has 3+ years experience working at a web hosting company or in technical support for a software company and loves interacting with customers and problem solving.
- CURRENT LINUX EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED* Having Windows/Azure ecosystem exposure (. AD) considered a bonus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are desired - you will interact with customers in different stages from pre-sales to during a potential crisis. Empathy for our customers and determination to fight their corner is critical.
- Experience in a technical support/customer service facing role.
- Comfort with IT and ability to learn how to support Deskpro’s technical elements ( installing software on servers, APIs, integrations, installers, data migration etc.).
- A rapid ability to learn. Deskpro is a powerful product (see our comprehensive guides) and you’ll be excited by the prospect of a large product to learn, understand and support with customers asking different questions and requests each day.
- A love of problems solving and troubleshooting issues.
- Knowledge of different operating systems, servers and experience managing self-hosted products.
We are a friendly startup-team based in central Wimbledon, 3 minutes walk from fantastic transport links (train, District and Northern line tubes, buses, trams).
- Competitive Salary £35k - £45k + Share Options Package
- 25 days holiday plus UK Bank Holidays.
- BUPA Private Healthcare & Cash Scheme, Pension Scheme, Bike storage, Season ticket loans, Reduced gym membership, Cycle to Work, Free Phone SIM (unlimited calls, data etc).
- Laptop & 2 x 4k Monitors, ergonomic chair & sit-stand desks as standard.
- Monthly team socials and legendary Xmas & Summer Parties.
- Personal budget for training and growth.
- A chance to be truly invested in a growing software company, with generous share options.
- Lovely bespoke offices, BBQs in the summer, Monday team breakfasts and Friday lunches. Unlimited coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks with beers for Friday afternoon.
- A mixture of autonomy over your role and real responsibilities to the team and business.
For more information, you can visit our Careers page
No recruiters or agencies please.