£8.76 - £8.76 Per Hour plus overtime and bonuses available
An excellent opportunity has arisen for several Care Assistants to join our client's friendly and supportive team providing residential care in Buckinghamshire.
Location: Gawcott, near Buckingham, Milton Keynes
Salary: £17,082 per annum, £8.76 per hour, plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary and an annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week) and part time (22.5 hours per week) available - Ability to work shifts as part of a rota system, including some weekend and bank holiday working
*“*Our residents do not live in our workplace, we work in their homes"
As Care Assistant you will work in at an adapted home providing residential care for five individuals with learning disabilities, some of whom also have physical disabilities. Working as part of a dedicated team, you'll support service users with their day to day needs to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
The role of Care Assistant will involve assisting individuals with:
- Personal care needs
- Mealtimes and social activities
- Attending appointments and maintaining their health and well-being
- Promoting skills and involvement including shopping and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning
- Support in any other areas of their daily living
You'll follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that a highly effective service is provided, that meets each individual's needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
You don't need to have previous experience, but you will be a caring and enthusiastic individual with a 'can-do' attitude, who is driven by the desire to make a difference and have the ability to recognise and understand the needs of vulnerable adults with learning disabilities. Desired qualities will include:
- Effective communicator using different methods according to the complex needs of those in your care.
- Teamwork and flexibility are key to the success of the services provided, as is a clear commitment to equality and diversity
Our client is committed to their staff and in return for your hard work they offer a considerable benefits package, including:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our client's friendly team, please apply today!
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Our client is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Posted 15 days ago