Operational support manager - Manchester | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Operational support manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
170.0000 - 173.0000
Temporary (Full time)
Operations Support Manager
Salary: Up to £45,000 depending on experience.
Location: Working from home initially. Must be based in Manchester as travelling into head office may be required at a later date.
Contract: 3 months FTC.
Hours: 36 hours/ week, 09:00-17:00
Start date: ASAP.
As part of an organisation transformation project, we are recruiting for an experienced Operations Support Manager on behalf of an established public sector organisation. The successful candidate will support Operations Managers by taking ownership of specific people management responsibilities including investigating grievance, disciplinary issues and absence management.
Your key responsibilities:
- To work closely with Operations Management colleagues to fully understand the organisation and challenges
- To support attendance management processes . maintaining regular contact with absent colleagues, Occupational Health referrals, reviewing occupational health reports and recommendations, organising for reasonable adjustments to be implemented to support returns to work where appropriate.
- To carry out disciplinary and grievance investigations, completing case reports and providing recommendations.
- Provide support to newly appointed Managers regarding the management of people issues within their teams.
- To support the recruitment of Operations colleagues including shortlisting, carrying out interviews and providing feedback to candidates on occasions where additional support is required
Experience, skills and qualifications required:
- Knowledge of good people management practices
- Proven experience of managing teams within a professional/office-based environment
- Experience of implementing good absence management practices
- Experience of effectively managing difficult conversations and complex employee issues and cases
- Experience of recruitment and selection
- Public sector experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including political awareness and emotional intelligence with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Strong organisation and planning skills with good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong IT skills across the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Apply today to avoid missing out!