Policy Writer - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
East London, Greater London, England
Contract (Full time)
Counter Terrorism Policing (CTPHQ)
6 month contract
In Scope of IR35
£ a day via UMB/LTD OR £ a day via PAYE
*APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO EVIDENCE ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE*
The role holder supports the development, improvement and standardisation of the NCIA by assisting in the design and implementation of consistent policy, guidance and working practices across the intelligence function. As a key function within the Application Development and Maintenance team, the Policy Writer works alongside the NPG with the technical and audit functions to ensure alignment between the intelligence application (NCIA) and working practices in the network in adherence to the National Standards of Intelligence Management (NSIM). The role holder will also support other areas of business across Application Development and Maintenance as required, including assisting in new areas aligned to business as usual.
- The development of intelligence management policy and delivery of operational change; ensuring that consistent and accurate messages are communicated throughout the CT network.
- Maintain relationships with UKIC partners, regional colleagues and a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure compliance of agreed standards and provide a point of liaison at CTPHQ to effect early resolution of emerging issues.
- Ensure key changes to policy and processes are implemented throughout the CTP network. Oversee the output from Regional Practitioners Groups, providing solutions or escalating to NPG as appropriate.
- Consult with the CTP network by arranging/leading/facilitating local and national workshops/forums.
- Provide updates and advice as required to support the authorisation of new or uplift/alteration/removal of existing policy, standards, or guidance.
- Provide advice and guidance to the CTP Network in relation to Policy and Standards.
- Support the network in resolving any policy/process/guidance related issues raised by the CTP Network working with the governance board to prioritise according to risk.
- Engagement with the Regional Practitioners Group on a regular basis prior to each NPG in order to assimilate issues or good practice to be raised at NPG.
- Maintaining records of policies, guidance and other key documents overseeing their review and re-publication in response to scheduled or triggered requirements.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Previous experience in policy review/development.
· High level of literacy (standard and computer).
- Ability to manage workload, understanding and connecting dependencies.
- Ability to deliver work packages against strict timelines.
- An efficient working knowledge of NCIA and CTP business.
- Ability to produce high quality documentation at a National Level . policies, guidance and reports.
- Proven understanding of business across CTP network.
- Experience of managing intelligence processes and functions.
- Ability to assimilate, interpret and evaluate information on a wide variety of subjects understanding interdependencies.
- Ability to communicate with and influence senior staff, stakeholders and build relationships across both operational and professional boundaries, including partner organisations.
- Ability to operate in a complex organisational and political environment with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent minute taking skills, born from gaining a solid understanding of critical business area, to support Local and National meetings.
- Experience of working on priority investigations within the CTP network
- knowledge/experience of handling sensitive intelligence
- Experience of working within or with CTP intelligence functions.
- Understanding of the CTP network and how it operates