Controls Engineer - Home Based
Work From Home
£45000 - £55000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Controls Engineer - Home Based – Bottling / Packaging Industry - Permanent - £45-55k – 50 / 50 split between home and sites in the UK
Samuel Frank is recruiting for an experienced Controls Engineer with recent, demonstrable experience with Siemens TIA Portal PLCs as well as having experience of working in the bottling, conveying or packaging sectors. If you tick these two boxes, this could be an amazing opportunity for you!
Key aspects of the Controls Engineer position include;
* Experience of working on bottling lines, conveyors, packaging machinery or material handling systems
* This role will suit an “all-rounder” – the client describes existing team members as “Electricians who can write very good software”.
* Strong experience with Siemens TIA Portal is essential – you’ll have the opportunity to cross train into Rockwell / Allen Bradley PLCs if you haven’t got that experience
* The role definitely covers all stages of the project life cycle – the successful Controls Engineer will be responsible for the programming, commissioning and site installation
* You’ll need your own vehicle and the client will reimburse you 55p/mile for the first 10000 miles and 35p/mile thereafter
* Once you’re up and running this position will suit you if you’re happy working autonomously for a relaxed, easy going Team Manager
The ideal profile is to have come from an Electrician/Technician background and to have developed your skills within PLC software writing. You will be used to dealing with customers on client site, have a flexible approach to your work, can work under pressure and be self-motivated.
If you’ve served your time working for a large drinks manufacturer and have picked up some PLC programming skills but you’re not quite at the “experienced Controls Engineer” level
Please send your CV as soon as possible, the client can interview straight away