Senior Design Engineer, Oxford
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits
Senior Design Engineer, Oxford, £50,000 £60,000pa plus benefits:
Our client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of superconducting magnetic resonance imaging magnets. They are now looking to recruit a Senior Design Engineer to join a talented design engineering team. This exciting role will join a team of eight whose remit is to provide technical leadership and expertise through early concept designs on scientific systems.
The Senior Design Engineer will be involved in the design process from conception of a new product, working on the first version of a new design. This role will suit you if you enjoy being creative, innovative and working on an overall system concept. You will be able to use CAD/CAE systems, combined with a working knowledge of the product to enable both the improvement of existing products, and the design of new ones.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Product concept design and realisation
- Generation of innovative design solutions to ensure competitive product performance
- Creation of manufacturing information to agreed standards.
- Creation of models suitable for f.e. analysis and potentially conducting analysis
- Creating and maintaining BOM structures and product configuration
- Evaluation of manufacturing technical issues to enable reliable product performance to be achieved.
- Define, review and ensure compliance of, internal and external technical standards including design standards and purchasing specifications.
Your qualifications and experience:
- You will be degree qualified, or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Experience with Siemens NX and Teamcenter is preferred, but training to convert from other systems will be provided, where required.
- You will have a proven track record of innovative design
Your personality and skills:
- You must be able to work both independently on assigned problems, and also as a member of a product development team.
- Preferred skills include;
- Experience of Finite element analysis
- Understanding of design for manufacture
- BOM management and configuration control
- Parameterised modelling
What are the benefits in this role? Salary plus bonus, 26 days holidays, Great pension contribution, Private medical insurance, Onsite gym and subsidised gourmet restaurant, Plus many more
This role is commutable from Oxford, Witney, Swindon, Abingdon, Didcot, Newbury, Banbury, Bicester, Thame and Cirencester.
If youre a Design Engineering professional with a passion to for design engineering, in particular mechanical design, then this role is right up your street.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you havent heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).
Posted 45 days ago