Court of Protection Manager - Canterbury | Zoek UK | d179e4
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Court of Protection Manager
Canterbury, Kent, England
£36000 - £42000 Per Annum
Permanent (Full time)
Court of Protection Manager - Canterbury
Salary: £36000 - £42000 + benefits
Our client is one of the most successful legal practices in the Southeast managing the legal affairs of local people for many years.
They are now on the lookout for a suitability qualified and experienced Court of Protection Manager (Private Client Department) working from their offices in Canterbury
- The management and running of the Court of Protection Team, including the development of processes and the creation of manuals.
- The day-to-day management of client affairs through Deputyship appointments and Lasting Powers of Attorney, including client visits as required by the Deputy Standards issued by the Office of the Public Guardian.
- To apply the principles of MCA 2005 when dealing with clients and their affairs
- To ensure client files are compliant with the Deputy Standards
- To ensure that client files are maintained in accordance with Policies and practices
- To ensure that all decisions/actions take on behalf of a client are fully recorded.
- To liaise with financial Institutes as required
- To liaise with medical and care professionals as required
- To liaise with Social Services as required
- To ensure that the correct funding streams for care are in place either on a self-funding basis or via social services
- To ensure that client's income is maximised through investment and claiming benefits
- To prepare the Annual Return for the OPG for the Deputy
- To reconcile client finances and bank statements monthly
- To assist with the applications to the Court of Protection for new clients
- To assist with the application for LPA's where the firm are to be Attorney(s)
- To maintain the LPA register
- To schedule and undertake client visits
- To ensure that clients are billed annually for services including the involvement of a cost draftsman and SCCO as required.
- To agree clear objectives linked to the Firm's business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant.
- To have a personal development plan and evaluate the effect of training on achievement.
- To clearly identify the standards and systems required to continually improve their customer service
- To comply with all the Firm's relevant policies and procedures
- To ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated very seriously.
If you are a suitability qualified and experienced Court of Protection Manager and ready for your next challenge in a growing organisation with lots of opportunity to progress, we would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...