Intermediate Content Designer
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Permanent (Full time)
Hippo is recruiting for intermediate consultants in content design. Content designers ensure that service users get the information they need, when and where they need it, in a format that’s right for them. They work with user researchers to identify what people need from a service. Then they write content to meet those needs, collaborating with UX designs and other members of multidisciplinary teams to iterate a service in response to user feedback.
As an intermediate consultant specialising in content design, you’ll come to Hippo with strong content design skills and some experience of advising others on how to produce user-centred content. In return, we’ll provide exciting opportunities to develop further within your profession and as a consultant with clients.
What you’ll do
- Help clients explore and solve problems using content design, people-centred design and Agile methodologies
- Work in multidisciplinary teams to design services that meet identified user needs
- Champion inclusive approaches and styles within content design
- Participate in Hippo’s design communities of practice
- Establish and manage relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Support Hippo in recruitment, events, blog-writing and winning new business
- Promote Hippo values
- Excellent writing skills and experience of working to house style
- Some knowledge of user research techniques and other people-centred design methodologies
- A proven ability to make complicated information easy to understand
- An understanding of other roles within a multidisciplinary Agile team (for example UX designer, user researcher, product owner, delivery manager, developer)
- Experience of content crits, community meet-ups and knowledge sharing
- Good consultancy skills (for example managing stakeholders and helping colleagues explore how content design can help them solve complex problems)
- The ability to champion content design, people-centred design and Agile methodologies
It would be great if you had
- Working knowledge of the GDS Digital Standard and GDS assessments
- Experience of using design software such as Miro, Figma, Sketch or the prototyping kit
- Experience of Agile ways of working through the project cycle (Discovery, Alpha, Beta, live)
- Experience in designing content for people with accessibility or assisted digital needs
Salary: £36,000 - £50,000
What makes us great
Hi, we’re Hippo.
We’re a digital service design consultancy that works closely with our clients to create digital products and services that work for everyone. Since our inception, we have quickly established ourselves as a leading supplier of digital leaders, service design teams and delivery expertise. We support large-scale digital transformation programmes to public and private sector organisations looking to truly embrace digital services to innovate and evolve. We aspire to add value and leave a lasting benefit within those institutes. Our philosophy is to ensure the user is at the core of everything we do, research, design and deliver. Collaborating with us means embracing a digital-first strategy with people first design, which will genuinely create lasting change and positive impact.
Our Hippo offices are in Leeds, Coventry and Manchester. However, we invite candidates to apply from anywhere in the UK who can be flexible regarding location. We offer a relocation support package of up to £8,000 to help cover the cost of moving somewhere within commuting distance of one of our locations. Please note that due to the nature of the business, we may also request that you work from client locations or work from home.
How Hippo Digital embraces diversity and equal opportunities
Hippo Digital is committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. For us, diversity and inclusion are not just tick-boxing activities but a chance to make meaningful long-term change. A diverse workforce means that we can unlock our ability to innovate, be creative, be better problem solvers and provide an inclusive environment for everyone. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.