Tool Maker / Assembly Shop - Pickering | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Tool Maker / Assembly Shop - Manufacturing Technician
Pickering, North Yorkshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Tool Maker
Location: Pickering - YO18 8LX
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Xandor is an international company supplying both the automotive and commercial vehicle industry. We design and develop high quality plastic components, assemblies and systems, including exterior and interior (painted and unpainted) and functional black parts. We also supply equipment for air conditioning systems, power assisted steering, active ride suspension and oil cooling.
Within our Pickering site a vacancy has arisen for an apprentice trained Toolmaker to work within the tool room department. The position involves working shifts (including nights).
* Supporting the Production departments in ensuring all mould tools are fit for purpose.
* A good understanding of health, safety & risks associated with transporting, lifting and repairing injection mould tools weighing up to 40T is essential.
* Fault finding / repairs to Production Tooling.
* Manufacturing of replacement components.
* Welding (TIG)
* Routine preventative maintenance to Production tooling.
* Fault finding and repairs to the Hot Runner systems fitted to tools (Hydraulic knowledge required).
* Trained in use of Bridgeport milling machines, Lathe's, Surface grinders, cylindrical grinders and overhead crane essential.
* Knowledge of Mould tools, current forklift license and spark eroding would be an advantage
* FLT and overhead crane up-to 40T (Training will be given).
* General knowledge of mould tools, their design disassembly and construction.
* Able to machine replacement parts as required
* Able to use all tool room machines including welding
* Training will be provided as appropriate
* Own transport is essential.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Manufacturing Technician, Production Coordinator, Manufacturing Technician, Assembly Coordinator, Assembly Production Planner, Assembly Organiser, Production Engineer, Assembly Shop Technician, Manufacturing Engineer, Assembly Engineer may also be considered for this role