Maintenance Operative / Handyperson / Carpenter / - Solihull | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Maintenance Operative / Handyperson / Carpenter / Plumber
19500.0000 - 22500.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Maintenance Operative
Based: Olton, Solihull, B27 6PF
Salary: £19,500 pa to £22,500 pa dependant on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Closing Date: 7th May 2021
The Trust is a family of charities & community of people supporting those most in need in the West Midlands. They want everyone, regardless of age or circumstances, to feel secure, have opportunities and to thrive.
The services provided include:
- Safe, affordable, and well-maintained alms-housing
- Residential and extra care
- Community and housing related support
- Services to advance the opportunities of children and young people in need
Everything they do is rooted in their 370 year history and driven by their vision for the future.
They're currently recruiting a full time Maintenance person who will undertake high quality day to day maintenance tasks and minor general repairs, to ensure that the Trust's housing and other properties are always in a good state of repair.
- General repairs as required by the Property Services Officer and from resident requests. This may involve the following skills
- Minor electrical work
- General building knowledge
- Working from height
- Removals and manual handling
- Maintain accurate records of tests and checks carried out and complete job request orders. Raise any necessary Purchase Orders for and be responsible in conjunction with Maintenance Contractor in stock-keeping materials
- Ensure that all health and safety measures are followed, and that the Trust's policies and procedures are strictly adhered to
- Undertake regular and planned safety checks (alarm systems, water temperature checks, pull cord tests etc.) as instructed, and that outcomes are fully documented in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures
- Drive the Trust's vehicle to collect materials or equipment, and to travel to other sites
- Removing rubbish and generally keep the estates tidy and to prevent health hazards
- Positively support the Trust's policies and procedures with regards to promoting Equality & Diversity.
- The Trust provides housing and a range of care services to older and frail / vulnerable people. There is therefore a requirement for the post holder to be flexible in approach and adaptable in his / her outlook.
- The Trust actively encourages young people into its environment and encourages apprentices and young people with an interest in maintenance to work with the maintenance team, therefore the role will be expected to supervise, delegate and encourage young people in various skill sets and activities.
- A flexible, methodical, and organised approach is required.
- As part of a small team you will need to be reliable and able to maintain an excellent record of attendance and timekeeping.
- You will need to achieve and complete works sometimes to strict timescales, and completing jobs to a high standard is of paramount importance.
- They are very much a customer service organisation and therefore all employees must treat residents with courtesy, respect and dignity at all times.
- You will be expected to have considerable previous experience in this type of work, ideally in a housing environment.
- Previous work with young people or apprentices would be an advantage
- Full driving licence
- An enhanced DBS check will be taken up for the successful candidate.
What they offer:
The Trust continues to reward staff with competitive pay rates and a number of employee benefits including:
- Starting on 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (increases with service)
- An annual 'wellbeing' day
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Free Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance programme
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
To apply for these roles please click APPLY button you will be redirected to the careers page to complete your application.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Please note should sufficient applications be received they reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time and recruit at any stage. They always encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Trades Person, Multi Trade, Carpenter, Fabric Maintenance Operatives, Maintenance Operative, Trades, Woodcutter Joiner, Joinery Foreman, Working, Finishing Joiner, Carpentry, Joinery Lead, Bench Joiner, Carpentry Trades, Carpenter, Woodwork, Maintenance Operative, Multi-Trade, Working Bench, Joiner Tradesperson, Fabric Maintenance Operatives, Woodcutter, Joiner, Joinery Foreman, Finishing Joiner, Joinery, Maintenance Technician will also be considered for this role