Support Worker - South Yorkshire | Zoek UK | d1872d
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
South Yorkshire, England
£10 - 11 per hour
Permanent (Full time)
An exciting position has become available for full time support workers to join a friendly team based in Barnsley. You will earn £10/£11 and should have a flexible and innovative approach to their work and be able to facilitate and support service users in decision making, promoting choice, and involvement at all times.
You will be required to provide the highest standard of person-centred support and care to the people who use the service, maintaining dignity and respect, enabling them to lead as independent lives as possible and realise their potential whilst ensuring own actions and behaviour comply with Company policy and local procedures, statutory regulations and quality standards.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have a willingness to complete the Level 2 Diploma
- Experience of working in a related environment is desirable but not essential as full training is provided.
- The role holder will be expected to undergo certified training and refresher courses in a range of areas' including Adult Protection, first aid, fire prevention and Health & Safety at Work and other specialist training related to the nature of the service.
- Ensure that the people who use our service have any personal needs or requirements met; including personal care, participation in activities and support with daily living tasks.
- To support people who use our service in achieving their outcomes in the way that they choose.
- Complete daily administration including updating charts and completing accurate daily records.
- Maintains professional relationships whilst developing a good rapport with the people who use our service, their family, colleagues, visitors and other stakeholders.
- Through own professional behaviour, including adhering to policies and procedures, contributes to the maintenance of safety, security and confidentiality standards.
- The role holder should present the service in a positive light and should be proactive in making suggestions for how to improve the service.
- Responsible for the correct handling of service user finances and administration of medication in accordance with policy and procedure where applicable and as required.
- Collective responsibility for the care and security of equipment and consumables in the persons' home.
- Responsibility for the accuracy, security and confidentiality of service user records.
- Communication and personal interaction are a key feature of this role
- This role also requires participation in, and promotion of a team approach at all times, with positive and constructive working relationships for the benefit of the service user.
Our client is a value-based organisation, committed to putting the people they support in control of their lives. They focus on enablement and maximising independence to work with people who use their support be co-producers of their own goals and outcomes.
This is a young, forward-thinking organisation; inspired by innovation, open and collaborative in its approach to focused outcomes and best practice. They look to promote social inclusion; opening doors to opportunities and experiences that enhance lives and create new and unique adventures.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-established company
- The opportunity to become part of a hardworking, dedicated team
- To showcase your knowledge and experience
- Company Pension
- Store Discounts
If you feel you are the Ideal Candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Care, Domiciliary Care, Care Worker, Homecare, Nursing, Care Assistant, Care Assistant, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Health Care Worker, Health and Social Care, Medical Vacancies, Care Vacancies, Support Worker
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...